Help please. Can anyone tell me what kind of tag this is?

Ok so this is my key card for work. My phone won’t read it and I used my dangerous things card, and found the reader is 125 k so I bought a blue cloner but it won’t read it either. Any ideas?

You have done all the correct things.

Looks like you will be in the market for a NExT or xEM…

Not all blue cloners are made equally, especially the antenna. It should have read a Fob easily enough though, Try taking the cover off the blue cloner and trying again.
Also I believe sometimes, you can get false negatives, so it may read and write correctly, but just appears like it hasn’t…
Anyway

Somebody recently had the same key fob, I am pretty sure it is HID
I am trying to remember the Logo Name

ZKTeco is a knock off I Think…
I will put up a picture of the Logo, SOMEBODY will recognize it

This may be a decent place to start

Someone here a few weeks ago was trying to figure out the same thing. Unfortunately, seems like all their tags look identical.

@Pilgrimsmaster Not sure if this is the thread you were thinking of or not

@Pilgrimsmaster Not sure if this is the thread you were thinking of or not
[/quote]

YES Thank You

Fairpointe

I was having a brainfart
20200225_082001

For sure. I’m trying to see if there’s a way to find the tag model off the first four of the serial, All three models linked in the above thread look the same, and I’m not sure if there’s any other way to tell them apart. Of the three linked, only the PSK3 was LF, but who knows what else they offer.

1 Like

HERE is a link to Amal using a blue cloner, They no longer sell it, and they are not really reccomemded - they put a password on your implant, which “locks” it, but it can be removed, but you need a Proxmark to do that. ( have a read through THIS )
I understand for the price, a blue cloner is a tempting option.
Not to say you cant use your one, but if you take your Blue cloner apart and it still cant read your fob, you may have one of the cloners that can’t do HID, Which is what I think your Fob is.
So you have a few options
Try your Blue cloner again ( You should get 3 beeps for successful read)
Buy another blue cloner from a “Reputable” source, that has been proven to work, we can help you find one if you go down that path.
What I would actually recommend would be a ProxMark

So you have spent ~$20 on cloner, you could spend another ~$20 for another one that SHOULD work.
Or you could get a Proxmark, of which there are a couple of options, which vary in price, quite dramatically.
@anon2520759 found one for Some help sussing out this Proxmark3 Easy for $50 on AliExpress.
You can also get them on Amazon / ebay ( just search through this forum and you will find some links)
Proxmark Easy are pretty much the entry level Version, which is all you should really need if you only plan to read / write on occasion ( The dont have the best antenna for xSeries implants, but they do work)
The Proxmark3 RDV4 is the industry standard, but this is probably excessive, u less you plan to do alot of reading/ writing/ cloning/ emulating etc and are around the $300 mark

Thanks pilgrim looks like that’s it. Weird that my cloner will read my NExT but not my key fob.

Sounds like it is the version that only reads EM ( which is the NExT - xEM default mode ), not the EM / HID version.

You will have to ask @ThexTallxDude if his is capable of HID, but here is his link

Your other option is, Let us know where you are :earth_americas: , there MAY be another community member nearby with a Proxmark, that could help you out

The only thing I’ve messed with is my work fob( 3xLOGIC infinias tag) which was not an HID tag. The documentation says it it does HID, and a few of the reviews claim it can. Seems it only works with some HID tags though.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help @darkdragon885

1 Like

These fobs cannot be cloned with a blue cloner or likely any other cloner on the market… I can’t seem to find it now but there was a thread here that detailed copying one of these fobs… you need a proxmark3 and likely need to use the dump / restore commands because as far as I know, not even the current iceman fork or RRG firmware for the proxmark3 can properly decode this fob… but it should be able to dump and restore to a T5577.

Apologies @darkdragon885, my mistake, I was not aware.
looks like you are in the market for a Proxmark, or a meet up with a community member.
and Thanks @amal
The Godfather has spoken ( time for another logo showing )

3 Likes

Hey guys,

The thread you’re thinking of was mine on cloning my gym fob

@amal’s summary is correct, even a Proxmark can’t decode it and you’ve got basically no chance with any cloner you can get off the shelf. At least the most recent ones are a T5577 under the hood (not sure about older ones, may have been a custom chip)

If yours is a T5577 then a Proxmark can dump and restore it to a xEM or NExT, but theres no real way to tell this for sure without spending the money.

Good luck! Annoying little tags!

3 Likes

Well thanks for all of the help everyone. Guess I’ll try to find someone near Detroit that has a proxmark and try that.

2 Likes

hahah! Though, I think I’d prefer;

4 Likes

This is the way

2 Likes

Fair enough.
How good was the opening sequence of the final episode?
except for SpoilerQuinn dying incase you haven’t seen it

Mando

2 Likes

That gag was so dumb it was great

2 Likes

You on a bit of a Mandalorian binge @amal? :laughing:

Though I though it was a cracking show, and I’m not even really a star wars fan. Preferred Star Trek… Voyager… Okay Seven-of-Nine!! I was young!!

@Aemun m8, that’s blasphemy! Star Trek!!!

To be honest the last week or so I’ve been running Star Trek from NetFlix everynight in the background.

1 Like