Improved keyboard wedge

Thats great :+1:
So as long as the password is placed where we want, it will write the new password at the same location (if size permits)?

Also, trying to put an ā€œassembly guideā€ together, and found one of my stl is flipped :upside_down_face:

Has anyone tried to use an MF-RC522 with an x series implant? I have tested with cards, keytags, buttons, and rings, no problems.

I can get it to light a diagnostic card.

I canā€™t get it to light an x field detector.

Does your xFD work fine with your phone?

He posted this about it and I suspect that a Proxmark could better benchmark than a phone:

My question was really because heā€™s having issues with the proxmark3 and Iā€™m wondering if his xFD is just garbage

1 Like

I got a nice bright light from the phone (a pixel 4a 5g) when I tried it (Iā€™ve been out since I posted).

I get better illumination with the proxmark3 with more careful positioning, but still not as bright as the phone.

I canā€™t get the mfrc522 or the door lock to illuminate it, although I can read a dual frequency ring with both.

1 Like

Hmm :confused:

Well, I have read a number of threads on here and the RC522 is apparently not nearly as good at reading X series as the PN532 particularly this one

So, I guess I finish my code and then rewrite it for the PN532. (I may write a compatibility layer so that I donā€™t need to maintain two versions).

The PN532 is also about four times the price of the RC522 so I would suggest if you are not looking at reading an x-series implant you might want to use the current version.

Edited to add: the compatibility layer will of course be made available just like the rest of the software. My current work is suggesting a full refactoring of the code is probably a good idea (I know. Thatā€™s not the agile way, but this is my project, so I can do what I want. :unicorn_clap_clap: )

1 Like

Can you give examples of use?

I have a prototype and software development model hooked up to my work laptop.

I use a keyfob with a password stored on it to login to work computers.

Whenever I am required to enter my password I just tap the reader with the keyfob and I am done.

Changes might happen to free up some I/O ports so that it is easy to convert to an access controller instead.

1 Like

Just got a PN532 and started to work on an enclosure ā€¦
Looking forward to testing the PN532 reader version.

Iā€™ve just ordered one, so expect a week or so delay.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve packed the current version up as a release (release v2021.10.31) and I am going to be working on preparing for the arrival of a PN532 module.

No new features will be added at the moment, but if anyone wants to request some the GitHub issues list allows for bug reports and feature requests. I have a few in their already but feel free to add more if you have any.

I just noticed that @Nightwalker was using this with an XNT presumably without issues) so perhaps my MFRC522 is faulty, or my XFD is marginal, or he just has a better implant and reader.

Either way, when I start adding new features again I hope to be able to add them for either reader.

1 Like

The xFD does require more power than an NTAG216. But this also turns it into a great tool for making sure that something will work with an x series and where to place to implant.

1 Like

Yes I can confirm my MFRC522 is reading my implanted XNT with 100% reliability, it is working great. I havenā€™t put the reader into a plastic case yet (which Iā€™m going to do soon - Iā€™ve 3D printed one).

Thank you so much for your efforts developing this and offering to support both readers. :clap: It sounds like that compatibility layer you mentioned will be a good idea and will help in the long run.

Iā€™m enjoying watching this project progress and Iā€™m hoping to develop my version of the setup along and then share when I can. Iā€™ve 3D printed this case, which is meant for a Arduino Nano but will afford plenty of space for the M0. If I get time to get it in there and re-wired Iā€™ll share pics and the experience with that case.

1 Like

Never soonā„¢ enough but here it is.
The enclosure for the RC522:

2 Likes

The current version works, but might have issues with X Series.

Version 2 will have the option of a different (better but more expensive) reader module.

While there are improvements to be made this project is unlikely to ever be ā€œdoneā€. (Unless I get bored when it is ā€œgood enoughā€ and nobody else wants to work on it)

1 Like

Itā€™s possible your request is overlooked or forgotten, but you can keep upto date with activity in this thread by doing this

I would but I donā€™t have time to keep up with that many notifications. I guess I will just check back in like every night or something.

Yeah sorry that sounded a little arrogant of just saying ā€œping me so I can steal your workā€. I would like to help if youā€™ve got anything that I could do for it when I have time.