June 2022 VivoKey Apex Flex update

The Fidesmo app sometimes bugs out and does not display the “Connect service” button, just re-add your Apex using the small plus button on the start screen. It should then remember that this token has the option to connect services.

3 Likes

On Android you just need to go back to the device screen and back in to the device details screen and usually the connect button shows up… on iPhone it never works now. We have a ticket in with fidesmo about both issues.

4 Likes

How can I get my hands on one of these ?

1 Like

So even though the Apex Flex page still says, “Private Presale”, those that are keen-eyed could theoretically order one and receive it (eventually)?

2 Likes

One of my mates in security reminded me of the Flipper Zero. I wonder how these will interact with my xNT and Apex Flex…

Have you read through this?

2 Likes

Ah very good. Thanks!

1 Like

Also, you will probably see the video in that thread I linked to, but it’s worth pointing out @darthdomo 's YouTube Flipper Zero review.

In my opinion, still the best Flipper video on YouTube, PLUS he shows it working with implants

4 Likes

ooooo thanks!

After a week of healing Apex is working pretty good on the Tesla, unlocking, locking and starting.

Now I just pray we can get payment activated at some point.

14 Likes

I can tell that an Apex could get expensive; buying a Tesla for cyborg purposes sounds like a good idea until you look at the price tag and the lack of worldwide availability.

:pensive:

5 Likes

that’s the lifestyle
you wanna get rid of keys? you need a new job with clonable cards, a new place where you can replace the front doors lock and ofc you need a new car with NFC locks
all minor things compared to searching my keys tho, 100% worth it

9 Likes

I know what I got myself into… It’s just that I wish that more cars with built-in RFID were available even when developing my own solution is within my skillset.

1 Like

Stay in line :slight_smile:

Nice to see the Apex Flex in action!
Any updates on the Apex Mega, the one with LED?

apex mega spectrum is still in testing phase. no eta

1 Like

Did you add a yoke to your model 3?

I did, since I couldn’t afford the S, I tried making the 3 a mini S. Took a few weeks to get used to but now I really like it. Makes driving more fun.

1 Like

Your post got a mention in my local Tesla group, via Daily Mail UK!

The questions and discussion have been mostly of interest. Good work, maybe we’ll get some more cyborgs locally soon!

Trying to repost as didn’t seen to attach as a reply to @Dondula, sorry all.

1 Like

So I thought the articles daily mail and teslarati wrote weren’t too bad and technically sorta accurate. However, I made the big mistake by reading the comments section of that article and it was pretty brutal. People are bat shit crazy and just say the worst stuff. But to be expected for things people don’t understand. Some of it was pretty funny though in the worst way.

2 Likes