June 2022 VivoKey Apex Flex update

Yeah, some kind of basic always-on power source to make the clock tick.

One of the things I have pondered over the years is what about an implant that “does stuff” - blood levels monitoring and that type of thing say. And then a smart watch that mounts externally and provides the power to the internal chip and the comms. I’m interested to think about what that constant field might do the the body and whether such a smart watch could pulse the field every minute or whatever to power the chip to take readings.

So basically a sort of paired device internal / external wearable strategy I could see going places in future…

2 Likes

Mind sharing where on the website you are seeing the new apps that were released?

Main phone is an iphone (because work) and I left the android at the office :man_facepalming:

So now I am thinking… My dad has an Apple Watch he pays for stuff with. Presumably that’s all locked down. Is there a wearable Android compatible which has an NFC reader in that could talk to my Apex Flex in existence?

Sorry: I wanted to say Fidesmo “app”, not “website”.
Just tap your apex to the Fidesmo app and select “connect a service”

Darn it.

1 Like

The Fidesmo app sometimes bugs out and does not display the “Connect service” button, just re-add your Apex using the small plus button on the start screen. It should then remember that this token has the option to connect services.

3 Likes

On Android you just need to go back to the device screen and back in to the device details screen and usually the connect button shows up… on iPhone it never works now. We have a ticket in with fidesmo about both issues.

4 Likes

How can I get my hands on one of these ?

1 Like

So even though the Apex Flex page still says, “Private Presale”, those that are keen-eyed could theoretically order one and receive it (eventually)?

2 Likes

One of my mates in security reminded me of the Flipper Zero. I wonder how these will interact with my xNT and Apex Flex…

Have you read through this?

2 Likes

Ah very good. Thanks!

1 Like

Also, you will probably see the video in that thread I linked to, but it’s worth pointing out @darthdomo 's YouTube Flipper Zero review.

In my opinion, still the best Flipper video on YouTube, PLUS he shows it working with implants

4 Likes

ooooo thanks!

After a week of healing Apex is working pretty good on the Tesla, unlocking, locking and starting.

Now I just pray we can get payment activated at some point.

14 Likes

I can tell that an Apex could get expensive; buying a Tesla for cyborg purposes sounds like a good idea until you look at the price tag and the lack of worldwide availability.

:pensive:

5 Likes

that’s the lifestyle
you wanna get rid of keys? you need a new job with clonable cards, a new place where you can replace the front doors lock and ofc you need a new car with NFC locks
all minor things compared to searching my keys tho, 100% worth it

9 Likes

I know what I got myself into… It’s just that I wish that more cars with built-in RFID were available even when developing my own solution is within my skillset.

1 Like

Stay in line :slight_smile:

Nice to see the Apex Flex in action!
Any updates on the Apex Mega, the one with LED?