June 2022 VivoKey Apex Flex update

The needle is quite large, and we do not recommend the knife edge of the hand for multiple reasons. However, people have put it between the ring finger and little finger metacarpals on the back of the hand before, using the included 4 gauge needle.

If you’re professional is not comfortable placing the Apex Flex in that location, then I would defer to their expertise. Your hand might not be the good candidate, which only your professional can assess by personally inspecting the size of your hand in the vasculature.

1 Like

My installer flattened the needle a fair amount for the install. He said he used one of those needles without doing that first and it was a really rough install.

Enso SLC?

I always thought that would be a better shape, i still think a scalpel and skin spreader thing would be best.

Also curious of if it was in SLC. That’s what they did with mine and it was great!

It was Enso in SLC :smile:

He did a good job. It’s healed up nicely.

2 Likes

Maybe from the installers point of view, and personally only on my first (no lube) did it appear to be a struggle for the installer.

I have had 5, The other 4 were also fine for the person who installed mine (different person) and lube was used.

From me being on the recieving end I had no problem whatsoever with any of them.

Seems like a disproportionate amount of body modders in SLC :joy:

1 Like

Enso used a bunch of lube. It’d be interesting to hear his perspective seeing that he’s done a number of them at this point.

:emoji_thinking:
Is a “bunch” the collective noun for lube?

:emoji_thinking:

I would have gone for a spooge of lube :emoji_laughing:

3 Likes

I’d go for a deluge of lube.

3 Likes

Maybe a Fuck load?

3 Likes

Def deluge it’s got the slant rhyme

4 Likes

I found a link to purchase an apex mega spectrum. What is the difference between the apex flex and the apex mega spectrum. Just the led or does it have more storage space etc? Just curious and couldn’t find any info by searching.

Exactly the same chip. The LED draws some power which reduces the range.
Don’t place an order. Afaik it’s not available and won’t be anymore. The page is supposed to be hidden.
Unless you get confirmation from Amal but I think I got the last of the existing prototypes.

I could make more if need be. Amals just been focusing on other things

2 Likes

There seems to be a demand for them and honestly the range is not catastrophic, I’m sure it’s still better or same as a flex format.

I would love to buy one if possible please :pray:

1 Like

I just got my flex put in. But I would have done this one if it had been available. When searching for info on it I googled it and the page came up which is how I stumbled upon the order page just for info.

1 Like

I’ll take one, how much are they?

1 Like