Just when I finally have the push to get the xBT, I'm reminded IT'S ABOUT TO GET RE-STOCKED

This is exactly the same for me. That Halo Reader was too much for me, I’m pretty lame when it comes to tech

1 Like

You’re still getting the implant, that’s pretty cool in my book!

3 Likes

Hopefully its still in stock by tomorrow. Just need to wait for my check to hit my account.

3 Likes

My wallet is a little light this week but all the demand in this post has got me grabbin’ it. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be too worried. I bet Amal gets stuff in bulk. I feel 100 chips would be too little, and 10,000 too many. Pick a number between.

I don’t think the demand is as high as it may seem.

1 Like

It’ll be around a while… flipper has indeed breathed new life into the xBT.

10 Likes

Yay! Ordered two of them, now I have some time left to think about placement :wink:

4 Likes

My second implant has been ordered! Thank you @amal :smiley:

2 Likes

Sweet, thanks Amal!

Another thought… Do y’all know if the xBT is viewable solely in Celsius on the Flipper, or if a Fahrenheit option would be possible?

According to my source, the xBT actually reads and sends Fahrenheit… but the flipper converts it for some reason

I think he’s going to do some tweaking and maybe flipper stuff to rectify this most unfortunate circumstance

2 Likes

Ordered! Thanks Amal!

1 Like

It’s so normal people can understand it.

2 Likes

freedom-america

But yeah, first order of business is making a flipper app to log xBT temps over time (as well as display temp in fahrenheit). Would be nice to just scan, have it log, and be able to see how your current temp compares to your average.

Should be a fun project. Hopefully I can even figure out some graphs haha. Think it shouldn’t be too bad to have it write a CSV to the SD card with the logs.

4 Likes

A clunky way in the interim would be read and save.

The default filename is Date and Time of the read, and that should also include temperature in the save file.
So you could go back and manually fetch the data…like I say clunky and ugly, but at least there is an interim option while you work on a more elegant solution

1 Like

any interesting feature could be it chirping at set times to take your temp,

literally no idea if the Flipper firmware would allow or be capable to have an app to remain in the background like that… but do with that idea what you will

I’d wondered about the same thing. Will look more into it, might not be viable. Depends on if the flipper supports timer interrupts of some kind.

Got some code started, but can’t do a ton until xBT is here and installed (so I can do rapid testing). Hopefully my installer is free sometime this week lol

Really need to get a tattoo done in the next month or two as well. Want to end this semester with one.

2 Likes

Ordered. Now I only need a flipper :joy:

3 Likes

Just a little question, since I guess we’ll be seeing lots of xBT installs in the future - where do you all plan to install it? Guess I’m going for the chest placement for more accuracy compared to the inner upper arm…
So, second question for the people who are in the BeUno beta (where the chest placement is recommended, AFAIK): Is it installed just underneath the skin, like you would install something on p0 or so, or is it deeper? I’d really like to install it behind the pectoral muscle, but I’m not sure if it reads well enough there…

I’m planning on the area directly under my armpit, on the chest side.

Both for accuracy, and safety. I feel like I hit my upper arm a good amount (reaching in places, lifting stuff, etc., but the chest/area under my armpit is pretty safe, especially since it’s covered by my arm usually.

I’m probably going on the right side. While my right side is dominant, whenever I drive, my left armpit area gets pretty uncomfortable, since it’s a bit squished in my car. I don’t want to add to that any more than I have to.

It’s also a minor thing, but I plan on getting tattoos on my upper arm at some point, and I don’t want to have to worry about implant placement.

This is where ibplan to put mine as well. Handy pic for reference

1 Like