Laws in UK regarding implants

alright, cheers for the help, I’m going to ask a few more piercers and if not imma see what he says, and then as a last result I will self implant with a help of a mate

1 Like

Good Luck
Do remember,
if you manage to get it done.
It’s all about the aftercare.
like @turbo2ltr said

1 Like

yeah imma be rubbing loads of that antibacterial stuff regulary

1 Like

I’m 17 and live in the States. I did an xNT and xEM myself when I was 16 and 17 respectively by myself. I have wanted it since 6th grade and have been researching all the how-tos. There are benefits and downsides to doing it yourself or have a friend help you. If you do it yourself, it’s in some ways easier, don’t have to worry if they want to do it or not; but you also have to push the needle in by yourself and it’s kind of hard to do it when you’re essentially missing a hand for the whole procedure. However if you have a friend help you, it may be much easier. But, if something bad happens and the police find out, your mate may be on the hook for practicing medicine without a license (at least in the US - not sure about other countries).

If you do it yourself, do be aware that it does come with risks. Many others have mentioned it but I may as well say them again. Your biggest risk is infection, however if you do it right it is nearly a non issue. Key phrase: if you do it right. If you do choose so, a few points of advice. First, thoroughly read and understand both the Pro guides. Including all the anatomy and medical terminology. Second, watch both the Sparkfun chip implant video and this one Amal did at a conference. Both are very informative in my opinion.

And finally, good luck and welcome to the club.

3 Likes

cheers for the advice and heads up, as I said to @Pilgrimsmaster I’m going to look at a few more piercers and then talk to a biohacking enthusiast partner and if all fails ill will self implant

1 Like

Okay just an update, I have realised that all the piercers that would accept the procedure would not let a minor go through with the implant therefore I’m going to assume that there is some form of law or regulation that does no allow licensed piercers do the implant.

1 Like

That sucks for you,
At least you have some other avenues to pursue

1 Like

I assume that’s the case. A bit like how even with parental consent its against the law to get a tatt if you’re under 18.

1 Like

yeah, it’s annoying, I might just go forward with the self implant as the enthusiast is in London which take couple hours just to get there and I can do it at my school as I am a boarder therefore there is a nurse/doctor on site 24/7 in case something (hopefully won’t) goes wrong.

1 Like

just a thought,
since you have built a relationship with the London based enthusiast, and you won’t have a time zone issue, You could ask if enthusiast could observe via video call…

1 Like

yeah I’ll probably do that in a couple weeks, cheers for the help and advice, ill give an update on how it goes. How long does delivery take?

1 Like

Very quick, to NZ about 3-4 days so I imagine something similar to the UK

1 Like

oh nice, didn’t think they were so quick, I’ll be ordering soon then

1 Like

Final question, should I get the xNT and xEM or NExT, I’m just looking to use it for door access and set up a reader to turn on my pc. I’m wanting to get both chips in case I come across 125 or 13.56 readers but dont know which variant to go for

My recommendation would be the NExT.
2 in 1 Just doubles your options for a single implant.
That will give you some form of future proofing.

1 Like

alright, cheers

1 Like

I implanted mine a couple days ago by myself. If you are unable to do so at a tattoo/body mod place, then I would seriously suggest getting a friend. I had a hard time getting mine positioned correctly for the initial insertion of the needle. I ended up having to improvise with some sutures, a set of needle holders and some forceps that I had. After you open the package you want to be able to do it all in one go to avoid contamination. Having a friend (that knows what is needed and how to keep the area as sterile as possible) is going to save you a lot of trouble.

I originally wanted a sensing magnet at around 16, but nobody sold them, fast forward around 6 years and here I am. My point with that is that if you have to wait, it isn’t the end of the world, and that there will probably be better implants anyways.

1 Like

O hi guys !

@anon4992657
Just a welfare check.
How are you going?
Have you managed to get an implant?

@joshnosh just posted this that may be of interest.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I haven’t gotten round to buying the implant due to starting school again but I’m still hoping to buy in the near future :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes