Legality of biohacking in canada

hi, i am doing some reasearch on biohacking and i cant find anything on what ever biohacking is legal or not in canada. Please help !!!

Itā€™s a branch within the field of body modification. And in most (if not all) countries, itā€™s legally treated as such.

Maybe this will help you find clear references on the matter.

so i need to search on body modification? or you are saying thats its equally legal then percing

well i hope itā€™s legalā€¦
body mod, piercing, tattooing, itā€™s all in the same boat.
Canada is very liberal with your body your choice. the legal stuff will fall on the installers/modders not the cyborg.

2 Likes

Usually itā€™s a form of piercing, some locations have rules about what materials a body piercer is limited to using etc or implements etc

Itā€™s not really a ā€œbiohacking is legal/illegalā€ but they often will limit the piercing artist because they have to abide by rules in order to have a ā€œlicenseā€ from the gov

2 Likes

ok thanks but do you know if the pegleg is equaly considered

ok thanks for your reply its really helphing me :smiley: :

Thatā€™s probably one of the most extreme examples

Definitely not a piercing needle, thatā€™s going to be a scalpel and sutures which may change what umbrella it technically falls under

Are you planning on getting a pegleg? Or just doing research for some project?

2 Likes

The legality issue starts with cloning. As usual itā€™s it depends. Iā€™m not qualified to give legal advice, but an entity ā€˜couldā€™ bitch about copying their data/key.

As far as implants go I would imagine its not possible to ban self-installs but piercers can be prevented from things that require scalpel or stitches to install.

Weird that you start your research with legality though, I leave that until the end, and even then its optional :grin:

1 Like

You should really do your own research but here is a 10 year old article about Canadian body modification. Article in the National Post

1 Like

I know in Kansas itā€™s illegal for piercers to implant a foreign object. No one I talked to would do it, went across the border to MO and itā€™s legal, but they arenā€™t allowed to use scalpels, so my installer just bought some needles she could use to make the incisions instead lol
I could see Canada being similar where itā€™s a more local issue. Maybe in one province the piercer can do it, the next one over might not.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure of the legalities of microchipping but I live in Calgary Alberta Canada and in my city there is only 1 tattoo/piercing shop that I know of that does implants.
The 6 chips that I now have in my 2 hands were implanted by them.
Actually 3 of 6 chips (Xsiid, Xem and Xnt) were sourced directly from this place. The other 3 chips (NeXt, Xdf2 and Vivospark 2) I ordered from DT and had DT send the chips direct to the piercerā€™s who for a small fee did the implants.
In the 3 or so years that I have been chipped I havenā€™t run into any other people other than my piercer that also had chips implanted.
Also I have not had any problems with importing chips or accessories into Canada either. From placing my order to arriving to me in Calgary is usually about 14 days.

2 Likes

Well, I think we need to chatā€¦ NE calgary cyborg here. 13in and 3
More tomorrow.

When I order from DT it comes dhl within a couple of days. Once or twice it was actually overnight:)

2 Likes

Iā€™m actually in the Temple area of NE Calgary.
And yes we will be talking more and maybe face to face on the new year too

2 Likes

Check if the guys in the QuƩbec corner have any info - here. First implant xsiid

Usually you can do whatever you want with your body.

Heeeey !!! Its your body no ??? If some People can change gender i dont think that a small things like this Will mather !!! To be honnest for myself Iā€™ve heard about biohacking in septemberā€¦ Iā€™ve order 11 novemberā€¦ receive monday ā€¦ call my friend who make tattoo take appointements for thursday ā€¦ and install the same Dayā€¦ we check online how to do it and thats it !!!

2 Likes

Some informative written and video reference materials in here

1 Like

just reasearch ( but i migth create one myself in the future)