(****) Logitech G19s keyboard Dual Freq. RFID Reader MOD. ⌨

Logitech G19s keyboard

This is my keyboard, there are many like it, but this one is mine;
Without my keyboard I am useless, without me, my keyboard is useless

INTRODUCTION
Yes, \ I \ use \ a \ wired \ keyboard
If that is shocking to you, so be it. | Archer (2009) - S06E12 Animation | Video clips by quotes | b355752a | 紗 - YARN

Anyway, I took a dual frequency reader
as reviewed here

and slapped it under the wrist rest, and ran an extension for the HF antenna to separate it from the board

As you can see, I am plugged into the spare USB port on the top of the keyboard, I did consider going internal, but due to the very convenient cable run, I decided not to look the gift horse in the mouth, and spend my time elsewhere.

TESTING INCLUDING READ RANGES

as per the review - slight degradation in read range, However, this could be improved with a few little tweaks.

TEARDOWN
as per the review and picture above

PROs
• Clean build

• Discreet

• Easy mod, and wire runs were “made for it”

• Due to positioning of the antenna, it’s almost impossible to accidentally read your implants

CONs

• Slightly reduced range on reading ( Flex still easy, xSeries needs some finesse )

• Need to be a contortionist to use easily (knife edge and back of hand implants are the easiest)

PRICE
USD$ Fucks knows

SUMMARY:
Experiment, that I may or may not continue to use

LINKS AND RESOURCES

POLL

Rating by the community :robot:

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU HAVE ONE OR HAVE USED ONE

:star: = :poop:

:star::star: = :pleading_face:

:star::star::star: = :neutral_face:

:star::star::star::star: = :grin:

:star::star::star::star::star: = :trophy:

PRIDUCT NAME 1-5 :star:

0 voters

3 Likes

I misread and thought this was a g13 (an aging but loved peripheral) same era and got way too excited

But I am not disappointed, solid hack mod

:star_struck:

…I just don’t get what an AI does with a keyboard

3 Likes

I did see this, and thought it may be an option for others wanting to do something similar but without the specific keyboard I used

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLbtkrU

4 Likes

STL? Hahahah

BUT WAIT
Don’t you use a Microsoft Natural Keyboard
Doesnt it use a large wrist rest?
Couldnt you build a reader into that?
Do you want to replace that with something similar to the link?
Or would you want that design to fit under the Microsoft Natural?
:man_shrugging:

Anyway
Easily done, and it could be made exactly for specific items ie. KBR1 etc. you could desin for one on the left one on the right. a few cable exit positions,
although
IF there was no contour / angle/ orientation, (it would be uncomfortable, but) you could just rotate it 180⁰
The only problem I see with making your own is the “lid”, and deciding what to use.
Easy option, buy something like in the link above, and design around that so you could use that as the lid, unless of course it doesnt need a lid because you’ll use the Natural one as the cover

It would also depend on print bed size, it might need to be in 2 parts.

I could knock something up, but I would need accurate dimensions.
If you sketch something with dimensions to fit around your Microsoft Natural Keyboard!? I could do that for you.

The link I sent looks like it would fit a KBR1 (Which is why I linked it) if it didnt just drop in, I’m pretty sure, a stripped down version would

Actually I did that with a Microsoft natural elite keyboard because it’s USB… it was a project in the RFID toys book… but the OG Natrual keyboard is PS/2 so no easy way to do it without a second USB cable coming out of the keyboard… kinda lame… and honestly the better position for readers is mounted upside down on the underside of the desk. This is ideal for reading top of the hand/arm implants.

1 Like

You mean this guy?

In this section?

On this page?

Yeah, but the problem is, thats only for Windows XP

:rofl:

2 Likes

Naa a different RFID toys book :wink:

That book is so old it much have been written like 100 years ago :grin:

It does have a few years under its belt, but still has some great information.

Some of the outdated stuff, still translates and is a good base to work from and the principles are the same

1 Like

I was kidding you know. I doubt they had RFID implants 100 years ago. Or did they? :thinking::wink:

Almost… rfid came about in WWII based on radar reflector dishes in the noses of British airplanes. If someone crashed one of those planes just right, someone could be … intermingled … with that reflector dish.

2 Likes