Meet-up/Biohacking Convention Idea

This is one of my favorite pictures that I took when I was first there in 2014, taken at Þingvellir National Park:

As far as other countries go, Portugal is, for me, where I could see myself living the most outside the US. Incredibly affordable for a country that uses the Euro, easy to get to and from anywhere in Europe or North America, beautiful food, kind people, high fluency in English - couldn’t really ask for more TBH. I know a very tiny bit of Icelandic but it’s such a hard language to learn.

2 Likes

I’ve been to Hawaii and Iceland and they’re both fantastic! I wouldn’t be able to pull of a mid-week event since all of my vacation is spoken for but I could work out a long weekend situation. Coming from US-CA that makes Hawaii really easy, but Iceland almost impossible.

Unfortunately not :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I won’t be of legal drinking age until April 1st so Mardi Gras wouldn’t do me much good.

1 Like

I know a guy who knows a guy who may or may not offer fake IDs
I mean whaaaaaaaat?

3 Likes

Are you Joking? :wink:

1 Like

Is that your friend in the other thread that’s going to test some legal system things for us?

3 Likes

Well I am the longest running joke in my family so :wink::joy:

2 Likes

Not sure what you’re talking about…O.o
walks away quietly

1 Like

I’d be interested in going. I have a number of things that’d stop me but my work schedule isn’t one of them. I can work from almost anywhere and I’ll have like 7 weeks PTO next year. I am definitely keeping an eye on this longshot though it may be. Early in the year is particularly hard because I have to move house.

I’d also have to know who all is going to be there because meeting people in person from the internet has been a problem for me. Hashtag-Trans-People-Problems.

Whenever one of those “who would you pick to narrate your life” things come up

Ryan Reynolds.

Because my lifes a joke and shouldn’t be taken seriously

2 Likes

There’s another option… I could set up a weekend like here at my house or at a nearby place for basically free… it’s no destination event, but it could just be held a few times a year and people can make it or not.

14 Likes

You’re in Seattle right? I’ll take any excuse to visit the PNW!

2 Likes

I mean I definitely have internet friends up that way that’d be like “what the fuck are you doing here oh my god I didn’t imagine you so short and gremlin like.”

4 Likes

I’m in the Seattle area… but like… waaay up north… I can see Canada from my house :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We have a spot where you can look south into Canada lol

4 Likes

I haven’t been in a few years but grindfest is a thing.

1 Like

I’d love to do a con/meet up. It’d be rad to have installers there as well(specifically for the non injectable implants) Seattle or portland would be cool.
Gives me a vacation excuse.

3 Likes

Sounds like Washington might be the most feasible!

2 Likes

We’ll have to do a separate European meet-up … I suggest in Brussels, easy to reach from France, Germany (@Coma ) and the UK :wink:

3 Likes

I could probably make that too - flights from NYC to Brussels have been pretty inexpensive lately. I was there a couple years ago and ate my body weight in horse fat-fried frites. So good.

2 Likes