Midwest meetupšŸ¤– / cyborgs conquer Chicago

Hrm didnā€™t realize it was far from Chicago, (wasnā€™t my idea)

Sounds like we should look for an alternative

1 Like

Yes ! I heard of that. I wanted to meet up but from what I read theyā€™re supposed to meet up and get drinks but Iā€™m not 21 yet :frowning:

Post over in the thread, might find a bar where you donā€™t need to be 21 to enter.

They said ā€œdrinks and pizzaā€ so to me that means somewhere that probably is under 21 friendly, but I asked over there anyway.

2 Likes

@Pilgrimsmaster
Paging resident AI,

You cool with transportalizering the above 3 (or 1 and 3) posts over to the Chicago thread?

1 Like

transportalized

5 Likes

I want everybody to get their drinks! I donā€™t want to impede on that lmao. If theres something happening after, or if the venue still allows people 21 and under to come then Iā€™ll happily tag along! Thank you for including me in this thread though @Zwack !!!

Iā€™m only a year from being 21 later this month, so close :sob:

Well it sounds like 3floyds isnā€™t exactly a convenient location anywaysā€¦

Random off topic question incoming. Anyone know if there is a guide for installing the Titan magnet geared towards professional installers?

Also is anyone else planning to fly into Chicago?

So I was looking for a new location suggestion

Howā€™s

Connieā€™s Pizza
(312) 326-3443
https://goo.gl/maps/oKi9yPj67XytZZ2i9

Appears to have nice pizza, a bar so I assume beer
And decent room depending how many cyborgs or precyborgs we get to show up

Howā€™s this look for train and plane peoples?
@darthdomo

1 Like

Looks good to me, donā€™t see any issues with it. I checked their menu, they do indeed have beer by the looks of it, wine too. Pretty close to multiple bus stops, and not far from an L-train station. Looks like an okay amount of parking too, if I do end up driving (or for anyone else driving/renting a car.

Yep I looked to see if parking was a thing, I hate having to deal with parking shenanigansā€¦ once a city gets big enough to need managed parking Iā€™m usually out lol

They also look to have decent amount of room inside

This place is lacking pizza, but has tons of beer.

TBH, I plan to consume copius amounts of cannabis when I am there. The beer is all yall. I buy Busch light when I choose my beer. 19 bucks for 24 cans.

I am more of a whiskey fan, and will likely just order that neat or on the rocks.

Long way for me to say, I do not care where yall pick in chicago. I have to drive 6 hours anyways to get there.

1 Like

Could always hit up a few different places if needed. Considering people are flying in for it (or driving 6 hours), it would be silly to just hang out at one place anyways IMO. Iā€™m more of a cocktail guy (thereā€™s a few beers I can somewhat stand), and the place you linked looks way better in that regard. Theyā€™ve also got ciders on tap :heart_eyes: I do love ciders. Itā€™s also even closer to an L-train station.

It doesnā€™t have much parking though, which might be a dealbreaker for some.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be skipping that portion, both driving back probably, and work stuff

Also it just doesnā€™t agree with me after 2 hilarious tryā€™s over the years

Realistically, I might buy a single joint, and sip on whiskey after.

I got into the snooty craft beer thing for a bit, but Iā€™ve realized I donā€™t think I careā€¦ I like plain beer,
Miller, Bud, labatt,

Trying to do some math in my head if how much I can drink if Iā€™m driving home that dayā€¦

Maybe Iā€™ll just consume caffeine as my vice that day, we are hackers I guess after all

1 Like

Iā€™ve found only one type of beer to date that I really enjoy :joy: itā€™s called gose.

1 Like

What time is the meet u0

Unfortunately due to a death in the family causing financial issues I wonā€™t be able to make it.
But if anyone is passing through Des Moines Iowa on the way there or back I would love to meet up somewhere.

1 Like