Minimmum age to install an xnt chip

Do you have any advice on talking to my parents? ( my mom is one of the religious ones) and I don’t think she would be fine with it ever.

i dont know if i recomend it but there is always the option of asking forgiveness rather than permission…

Ah yes, the nuclear option

3 Likes

the big red button is always sitting there tempting you…
but will also end the world as we know it. or in this case your world as you know it…

1 Like

The best I could do is to listen to your reason why you would get an implant.

I can predict your answer, perhaps phrase it better then yourself. I am wondering about the topic of implants for 20+ years.

-It is something new, you want to be more. Literally. Maslow pyramid: 5th step
-It symoolizes a new phase of your life (passage).
-Belonging to a larger community (here). Maslow pyramid: 3rd step…

For me it would be totally cool, and I would support my kid to get implant as long as it’s safe.
I am totally okay with people getting pierced just because they friends have piercings. Really! I think it’s cool. Teenage tribalism, and the sense of belonging together is awesome.
My mom was cool with my piercings when I was 15. I found a job and spent my money on getting stabbed the very next week. Then it happened over and over again. She said, I should be careful under trees in a thunderstorm… I was lucky.
The second best I can do is to wish you good luck!

1 Like

Maybe start taking what you learn here and make some rfid/nfc stuff like a lock with a card instead of an implant. get them more introduced to the idea of NFC/RFID before introducing them to the idea of an implant.

4 Likes

I knew it was coming =)
I spoken to my mom, before I got pierced. I told her that I have the money and I will do it anyways, but I tell her BEFORE, out of respect.
I announced, rather asked for permission.
She said it was the coolest thing I could do. She hated the idea, but told me to go for it anyways.

1 Like

:100:

i infact did this, i knew she wouldn’t try stop me, i was 18 and already had pierced ears, and had my septum done before (not with mums knowledge… she hated it, only time she has ever asked me to get rid of a piercing, and now we have a mutual agreement that i can get it done again as long as i never tell her and never show it XD)

The day before i went to get my NExT in i told her, first time i phrased it as an announcement instead of a question, i think i grew as a person from that experience.

1 Like

Just wanna say I agree with this.

Mine is as well. I kept bringing it up over 2ish years and finally got it installed at 17. Now she just thinks it’s cool and now I have 4 implants. She still sorta dictates it (even though I’m of legal age now) because she always ask a family friend who is a nurse to do it for me, but she came around rather quick.
Same thing happened with my septum piercing, she hated the idea said it looked ugly and then 2 months later she signed the waver saying I could get it done and now she loves it.

1 Like

when i first brought it up at 16 or 17 my mom was probably thinking: what the heck is this crazy thing? its probably just a phase, if i say to wait till hes 18 itll go away…
so i waited because i was almost there anyway. i installed an rfid/button start on my car in preperation (that failed and im replacing it)

fast forward to 18 and now shes backed into a corner. she said 18, im 18 now, ive made mods to the car in prep… she kinda couldnt say no at that point. i pester a bit and she just gives up like usual. so i get it, search around a bit and turns out moonman was willing to help. Dad then stepped in with the thought of “i dont like this whole random guy you met on the internet idea…” and reluctantly offered to attempt it himself. the rest is history!

edit: at this point she has resigned to “dont talk to me about it, dont show me” because she gets grossed out. so when the titan happened i kinda just bought it and she found out later when she saw $500 missing from my bank account.

2 Likes

I guess parents just generally want to make sure that their children are safe.
As soon as they find out that the process is pretty safe they cool with it.
:money_mouth_face: I would give 500bucks to my kid to get a titan magnet as that is pretty much the safest implant I can think of.
…but as always, feel free to argue: you can suggest a safer implant if you know one?

2 Likes

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: The anti​:no_entry_sign:-derailment​:railway_car: & thread​:thread: hijacking​:gun: thread​:thread: :interrobang:

A post was merged into an existing topic: The anti​:no_entry_sign:-derailment​:railway_car: & thread​:thread: hijacking​:gun: thread​:thread: :interrobang:

I’m not sure if I need to make allegations of insider trading, or acknowledge your great call on this, but either way it reads well!

I can respect that, but this is why we can’t reach a community consensus! I was more talking on why I believe in todays climate for my region it should be done a certain way, not advocating for the climate around body mods acceptance in general too.

I see where you’re going with this, but the unfortunate nature is that piercings are more accepted. Child Welfare Services aren’t going to be bothered if they hear reports of piercing a 12 year olds ears, will they feel the same about a concerned person calling them saying the guy around the corner is microchipping his kids like cattle?

If you want a hard answer, i think its less flexible to account for circumstances. For example, one local piercer considers any piercing to be ‘advanced mods’ - same category for silicone, scarification, x series, flex or ear pointing. By that logic, strictly 18+.

Unless law makers can categorise it as a piercing/body jewellery, legal mod, or illegal mod we’re just gonna go in circles. There are arguments that are valid for all ages.

I thought it was weird seeing him talk in “Any Other Young People?”
I also have a habit of reading everyone’s bio, and he outed himself there.

2 Likes

…is that a thing?
… I mean everything’s always a thing… but shit…

Not going to stop anyone, but I guess I start questioning things when you are removing things, rather than adding or altering

You mean something like this

That I can totally understand more than removing a nipple