Modified - a thread for everything bodmod-related

Hey, thanks! I totally forgot it :grimacing: Hope my little glowy 's not sad…

Did you already choose an artist? I think there are some really skilled guys in the US, I’d like to take a look if that’s okay :slight_smile:

Oh hell, yes - forgot that one^^ It’s totally on my list of stuff-to-do as well, I just have to decide on a good placement…

1 Like

I had originally contacted Brian Decker (@/xbrondecourx on Instagram) by email for my Titan install and possibly some scarification at the same time. He said he would be willing to do both. That was back in March. I was estimating a July time frame for my Titan install, but I held off on scheduling anything.

I plan on taking 2 xSIIDs and my Titan to the piercer that installed my first xG3. If my previous installer decides against the Titan, then I’ll try to schedule it with Brian. If I can get the Titan completed first and closer to home that would be optimal.

1 Like

That one’s quite a legend :wink: Saw some of his work online, and it looks really impressive!
And some veteran from the old ScarWars always sounds promising (hell, guess I’m getting old…) :slight_smile:

Agree… that’s why I’m happy my local piercer is fine with installing xSeries-stuff… as much as I love visiting my bodmod-artist, it’s tricky to schedule and takes some time to travel, so getting things done “at home”, more or less, has it advantages :wink:

2 Likes

Ha, finally a little update on that one :smile:
I visited Arnulf yesterday, and asked him about my Septum - he decided to give it a try, and after some careful positioning, the piercing went in and is perfectly straight! I’m so happy about that… wanted to get a septum piercing for about a decade now, and it’s finally in and just great :blush:

And as a little sidenote - he showed me the design for my next scarification, and it’s f*cking amazing! Can’t wait to get it done, but due to the usual scheduling stuff, I’ll have to wait until November or so…

Since this thread got a bump

I really want strontium aluminate tattoo ink

1 Like

Well you know where to post it when you do

I figured the “ for all things body mod” would include glow in the dark tattoo lol

Yeah, fair enough. Either would suit…or both :wink:

Totally agree!
While I know quite a lot of crazy people doing mods, I don’t know any tattoo ink manufacturer, sadly…
Theoretically, this should be possible - the strontium aluminate has to be coated by some nano-stuff to protect it, I guess, for it should not be exposed to water (at least that’s the case with those luminova pigments, which are based on strontium aluminate), and afterwards dispersed in some neutral tattoo ink. It should be pretty safe for use, or at least safe enough for us to try, but at least in Germany there are few companies that would like to risk their reputation with such stuff.
I know of those UV-inks, and even those have a really bad rep here. So I’m afraid nobody is willing to risk it…
If any of you all know someone in the industry, maybe one could just ask for a “custom” batch of some bottles and do some crowdfunding, Titan-like :wink:

An update, I’m on a train now from North Carolina to New York. I have an appointment with Brian tomorrow. I’m planning on a scarification piece and a Titan install in one visit.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s great! I wish you a wonderful experience, have fun and enjoy! :slight_smile:
And of course, if you like, share the art you’re getting done here :wink:

Yep I really want to get back into the tattoo world- this plague has been hard on my desire to interact with people who make me bleed…

Now that I have a whole bunch of doo dads under my skin, I want to start integrating ink art with them.

I have my power symbols with an xled behind it and my decepticon symbol has a magnet that I can stick things to :slight_smile:

But I have 12 others that are just kind of there hanging around.

2 Likes

Not as fun as tattoo ink, but sorta falls into body mod, albeit temporarily
I keep seeing adverts for this stick on ready to go psuedo henna sort of temporary tattoo thing, claim a couple weeks

But you can upload custom images

There’s a 4x4 for like 25$ I’m considering making an image that’s 16x (4x4) of the little rfid / nfc radiating waves logo

And put some on some of my implant sites for shits and giggles, maybe see if I like it for long term

3 Likes

That’s just a wonderful description, and sooo fitting :slight_smile: :heart:

That’s already two really cool ideas - what are your plans for the rest of them?

Well, I had my appointment today. I had my Titan installed and my scarification completed. I am very pleased with the results.

6 Likes

Looks like a very talented artist…

It would be great to see the healing updates also.
either here, (i’m not sure if healing updates were included with what @Coma was wanting in this thread) or another New thread or added to your other

1 Like

That is amazing and fantastic looking!
I can’t imagine how cool that’s going to feel texture wise once healed!

1 Like

I plan on making a new topic for it when I get back home. I’m still in New York typing this up on my phone.

Brian Decker was the artist. He is completely awesome with 20+ years of scarification.

1 Like

I know why - this both looks just great!
Adding scars to a tattoo is a really nice idea, for the texture, the three-dimensional look and the white lines, surrounded by that massive black ink… :star_struck:
Did he use a scalpel or a cauterizer? It looks less bloody than mine, that’s why I’m wondering…
And that incision for the titan looks great as well :wink:

I’m really curious to see your healing process (especially for the scars :wink: ), and I’m totally fine if it lands here - I started this thread to reduce the general forum derail a bit, since it was, at a time, mostly caused by me spreading bodmod-topics everywhere :smile:

He started out with a scalpel marking the outline. He applied some numbing gel that is also meant to help with bleeding and let it set for a bit. Then he used a surgitron cauterizer.

It was an awesome process and not very painful. On a scale of 1 to 10, there were short spikes to maybe 6 when he started on a new area, but over all the majority of the process was pain free.

Brian seemed like a generally awesome guy, and I’m already considering what I’d like to do next.

1 Like