Modified - a thread for everything bodmod-related

+

=

Purple Glowy Thistle Flowers
…if only it was that easy

4 Likes

Industrial piercings can be really bitchy little monsters! Never had one myself (my ears have the wrong shape for the “classical” industrial, and I’m missing space for your kind of it^^), but heard that really often. Hope it will calm down finally :wink:

Thanks a lot - gonna give that compliment over to my piercer, he did the work and most of the planning :smile:

That’s a really great info, thanks! So there is still some hope for me :wink:
My “main” piercer already said he wouldn’t do it, for he usually only does stuff when he knows the result will be perfect - but my bodmod-artist might be a bit more experimental, so he might give it a try. Gonna ask him next time I meet him^^

Family luring you to the dark side… :smile:

1 Like

Yes, but I tend to be the one bringing cookies. :rofl:

2 Likes

Hmmm, I wanted to wait for this post until my next scarification, but my artist is a bit too busy currently, so that might take some more time than planned…
So, third part of my bodmod-stuff - this time, all the unusual stuff that is neither a piercing nor a tattoo :wink:

I am a huge fan of bioluminescence, and I always wanted to “glow”, in a way. Nightglowing tattoo inks are still not really available, so I looked for alternatives and stumbled across a glow-in-the-dark silicone implant - almost exactly what I wanted, but how to get that monster in? I went to my piercing studio and asked them if they would be interested to do it, but, responsible persons as they are, all of them refused… instead, they recommended some guy to me who was just “my kind of crazy”, stating we should “get along really well”. And they claimed he was one of the best in his field, so I gave it a go.

Some weeks later, I had my first appointment with Arnulf in Cologne, and yes, he was exactly my kind of crazy and we got along really well :smile:
He took a lot of time to explain everything to me, the procedure, the tools, we talked about the right placement, and then I had some free weeks before the actual procedure itself - he didn’t know me yet, so he gave me a chance to back away if I would change my mind.

On the 18th of june, last year, I finally got my first glowing implant, and I love it ever since. The procedure itself was intense (because of someone poking around in my wrist), but not painful at all, and the healing went really well (except for my body hating sutures with a passion…).
The result is wonderful, it is nice and visible during day and shines really bright if I’m in a pitch black room.

My second visit at Stigmata was to get the flexNExT implanted - pretty much the same procedure, and it was a really nice thing to have, but unfortunately, after about 4 months, I made some stupid movement or whatever and injured the surrounding pocket enough to have a big inflammated hand. So that baby had to be taken out again, sadly…

But by now, Arnulf and me knew each other pretty well - he knew what I could take, and I knew that I could trust him a lot and that he was a skilled artist.
So I finally decided to get a scarification done. I dreamt of having one since I was a child and saw some BBC documentation about the Sepik river scarification in New Guinea, but I was always sure that I could never ever be “brave” enough to actually get it done…
I talked about my ideas with Arnulf, and he made a wonderful design that was pretty much exactly what I had in mind, unable to draw it myself. I got it done on 10th of october, last year, so it’s now a good eight months old.
The procedure was… well. Wonderful, intense and painful, and with a lot of blood and sweat :wink:
It took about 3 hours or so, and I ended up looking like this:

Aftercare and healing were a bit annoying - I had to wash it with soap (not a pleasant feeling on the first morning!) and apply petroleum jelly afterwards twice a day in the first week, and after that, I had to rub it with lemon + sugar as often as possible for the next few weeks, so it would develop nice scars. After six months, it looked pretty good already - the scars were nice and three-dimensional, and they already started to fade, colour-wise.

And I totally love it! The skin’s sensitivity changed a bit, and it’s an insane feeling to touch the scars - plus, I really like the looks of it!

Plans:

• Scarification on both arms
  • maybe some more silicone implants
12 Likes

Happy 1 year Power Button Anniversary :birthday:
:unicorn_gift:

Cool write up by the way
:vault_boy_thumbs_up:

1 Like

That is awesome! Your artist did great work! I’m interested on getting a scarification piece on my left chest. That’s on the long list of things “to do”.

First step is my Titan install. Then I’ll be contacting an artist I talked with a few months ago.

1 Like

Hey, thanks! I totally forgot it :grimacing: Hope my little glowy 's not sad…

Did you already choose an artist? I think there are some really skilled guys in the US, I’d like to take a look if that’s okay :slight_smile:

Oh hell, yes - forgot that one^^ It’s totally on my list of stuff-to-do as well, I just have to decide on a good placement…

1 Like

I had originally contacted Brian Decker (@/xbrondecourx on Instagram) by email for my Titan install and possibly some scarification at the same time. He said he would be willing to do both. That was back in March. I was estimating a July time frame for my Titan install, but I held off on scheduling anything.

I plan on taking 2 xSIIDs and my Titan to the piercer that installed my first xG3. If my previous installer decides against the Titan, then I’ll try to schedule it with Brian. If I can get the Titan completed first and closer to home that would be optimal.

1 Like

That one’s quite a legend :wink: Saw some of his work online, and it looks really impressive!
And some veteran from the old ScarWars always sounds promising (hell, guess I’m getting old…) :slight_smile:

Agree… that’s why I’m happy my local piercer is fine with installing xSeries-stuff… as much as I love visiting my bodmod-artist, it’s tricky to schedule and takes some time to travel, so getting things done “at home”, more or less, has it advantages :wink:

2 Likes

Ha, finally a little update on that one :smile:
I visited Arnulf yesterday, and asked him about my Septum - he decided to give it a try, and after some careful positioning, the piercing went in and is perfectly straight! I’m so happy about that… wanted to get a septum piercing for about a decade now, and it’s finally in and just great :blush:

And as a little sidenote - he showed me the design for my next scarification, and it’s f*cking amazing! Can’t wait to get it done, but due to the usual scheduling stuff, I’ll have to wait until November or so…

Since this thread got a bump

I really want strontium aluminate tattoo ink

1 Like

Well you know where to post it when you do

I figured the “ for all things body mod” would include glow in the dark tattoo lol

Yeah, fair enough. Either would suit…or both :wink:

Totally agree!
While I know quite a lot of crazy people doing mods, I don’t know any tattoo ink manufacturer, sadly…
Theoretically, this should be possible - the strontium aluminate has to be coated by some nano-stuff to protect it, I guess, for it should not be exposed to water (at least that’s the case with those luminova pigments, which are based on strontium aluminate), and afterwards dispersed in some neutral tattoo ink. It should be pretty safe for use, or at least safe enough for us to try, but at least in Germany there are few companies that would like to risk their reputation with such stuff.
I know of those UV-inks, and even those have a really bad rep here. So I’m afraid nobody is willing to risk it…
If any of you all know someone in the industry, maybe one could just ask for a “custom” batch of some bottles and do some crowdfunding, Titan-like :wink:

An update, I’m on a train now from North Carolina to New York. I have an appointment with Brian tomorrow. I’m planning on a scarification piece and a Titan install in one visit.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s great! I wish you a wonderful experience, have fun and enjoy! :slight_smile:
And of course, if you like, share the art you’re getting done here :wink:

Yep I really want to get back into the tattoo world- this plague has been hard on my desire to interact with people who make me bleed…

Now that I have a whole bunch of doo dads under my skin, I want to start integrating ink art with them.

I have my power symbols with an xled behind it and my decepticon symbol has a magnet that I can stick things to :slight_smile:

But I have 12 others that are just kind of there hanging around.

2 Likes

Not as fun as tattoo ink, but sorta falls into body mod, albeit temporarily
I keep seeing adverts for this stick on ready to go psuedo henna sort of temporary tattoo thing, claim a couple weeks

But you can upload custom images

There’s a 4x4 for like 25$ I’m considering making an image that’s 16x (4x4) of the little rfid / nfc radiating waves logo

And put some on some of my implant sites for shits and giggles, maybe see if I like it for long term

3 Likes

That’s just a wonderful description, and sooo fitting :slight_smile: :heart:

That’s already two really cool ideas - what are your plans for the rest of them?