Modified - a thread for everything bodmod-related

Wow!! only now I found this thread!!

Good one, @Coma !!

So many good messages, but I’m also so late to the party that I’ll hold off on replying the old ones! :persevere:

But I gotta say it’s an impressive list of mods there, @Coma !! and congrats to @NoUsersLefft for kicking in as a second post!!

So jumping to the most recent one then…

Yeah, you do have some challenges, most notoriously this one:

And then add in that as you burn skin, it “shrinks”. so if you don’t have the uniform source of heat (like a branding stick) to keep it uniformly stretched, and do it as slow as a Glowforge would, then once it heals the pattern is very likely to suffer some form of distortion all over itself.

Yet I’ve seen beautifull pieces made with handheld engraving guns (most notoriously an 80s Japanese artist who used handheld hot sand spray guns to perform brandings)… so… Good luck? XD

1 Like

And to reply to the original Thread…

Beginning & Scarification-wise:

My first mod (discounting 12yo me and a 90’s piercing gun earring) was a razorblade + cleaning alcohol (98,2%) scarification I did to myself at 14yo.
It’s two interlocked/contained triangles.
Since it is fairly impossible to get a SFW picture of that one, I’ll leave it in the dark. >.o

From that onwards… I just did so much temporary shit that I’ve lost count… =P

Piercing-wise:

My left ear has about 14 piercings at the moment. It’s that thing where… whenever I have someone very dear to me about to leave my life, I teach them to pierce and ask for a new ring there.
So it’ll keep growing slowly.

My right ear only has a large Conch piercing, also made by a very important person in my life, and may or may not have a couple more inside rings, like Daith, which come and go (depends when you ask). I like to break symmetry whenever possible, so I try not to pierce the same spot on both ears.

this is an old pic but gives an Idea.

More boring stuff includes a nipple ring (again, no pics :smirk:).

Yet I’ve done shitloads of experimental piercings and stitching on myself, all of which end up coming off for fairly obvious reasons…
The one I miss the most was my wrist dermal hook.
Shame we hit our wrists so much. everywhere! :grimacing:

Also loved my wrist magnet, before it attracted some quite unwanted attention (of a larger and broken magnet) and had to be subsequently removed.

Tattoo-wise:

My tattoos are all either religious content or some connection with someone dear in my life. Most are done by close friends who happen to also be great artists as well.

I won’t bother with listing them since most of my body is covered in ink anyway.

Not-sure-how-to-class-wise:

I got some proper permanent fangs (on that perfect ratio where most people have a hard time figuring if they’re natural or not)

Tech-wise:

LF glassie and HF DF2 + LED nail on the right hand.

Magnet and Payment are both waiting to come back in on new spots.
Payment one I know exactly where and will get it in soon.
The magnet… I need a really good artist and a few more tests, since I want it in the third eye.

Near future:

Got a project on the making for my neck, combining tattoos and haworths. If that one is feasible I’ll share here once it’s done.

2 Likes

Cool ears! Mine just have big holes in, around 22mm now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hehe, I always wondered when you’ll show up here :wink: Glad to see you, we can definitely profit from your experiences :slight_smile:

That’s a wonderful idea… to the casual observer it looks just like an ear with lots of piercings, but for you each ring is a special memory - I really like that! :heart:

Hell, that’s one of the most sexy bodmods I know! Especially if it’s done in a way that’s close to “normal looking” teeth, but still that tiny bit freaky :wink:

1 Like

I took a long time away from clearnet… my bad. XD
Glad to see you’re still active too!! ^^

Yes!!
It wasn’t planned or anything, just sort of happened (moving/travelling a lot you’re bound to get dear people scattered way too far. So it’s good to have something silly to remind you of who matters on a daily basis)

Thanks!!
And stretcher tunnels are great as well!!
I’m particularly found of the ones where you can get rings through them.
Also, in many shamanic cultures stretched lobes are said to increase one’s sensibility to hearing the spiritual world! :wink:

And it goes sooooo well with snakebites!! :smirk:
which are also among my top favourite mods!

Yeeees! :star_struck:
I’ve got people arguing if mine are natural or not in multiple occasions. It’s a very special kind of satisfaction, akin to opening your building’s door with your hands. :grin:

2 Likes

Sooo, mainly for Pilgrim - it’s pancake time! :pancakes: :pancakes: :pancakes:

That’s what it looks like after seven days and the first lemon-sugar-love-treatment. I was really surprised about the swelling - I don’t see much of a swelling at all, but I don’t see much of my implant any more as well :thinking: :smile:

12 Likes

Looks awesome! :smiley:

For the curious, it’s also been seven days since I got ampallanged but fortunately I don’t need to do a lemon-sugar treatment haha

2 Likes

I guess this would be quite uncomfortable on that spot :smile:
How’s your piercing doing so far? Still happy with it?

I love it :smiley: Got my PA back in now too, the combo looks great in my opinion!

:eggplant:

1 Like

Definitely does :wink:

1 Like

The thing that I find most appealing about piercings is the idea of having metal in my body…

1 Like

That looks so cool

2 Likes

NGL, @Coma’s subdermal is making me think of getting one at some point…

I’d love to get one with this design in green or blue. But I don’t think that it’s available and don’t think it’s possible to get a custom one.
300px-Hpluslogo

1 Like

Hmmm… the design is difficult, for there has to be some sort of connection between all parts (otherwise placement would be a problem). For my power button, there are very thin silicone parts that connect the I and the O. And, at least until now, the Haworth-glowies are only available in green - I have no idea if there are plans for other colours, or if that’s possible at all.
What might be possible though is custom work. Thing is, as far as I know Steve is a busy person, so it might take a lot of time or maybe he just does it for artists he works with, dunno… but maybe you can find someone who works with Haworth implants “near” you and just ask about it. My artist told me that custom implants are at least possible :woman_shrugging:

edit: the design itself might not be suitable, though… especially the little “+” is so small that it might not be very visible once it’s inside your body. Or it has to be placed in an area with pretty thin skin. Or it has to be big :wink:

3 Likes

It’s the brightest color. And yes, that design might need a few modifications to work as a subdermal.

Awesome! I’ll have to look into this when I have the time.

1 Like

here is a starter for you

=

4 Likes

Hehe - yeeeah, I could have posted helpful links here, but you see… your skills make me lazy :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

It must be time for some healing updates

@coma

@JPlowman

and hows is your :eggplant: :blinky_blue:

Whilst we are talking :eggplant: and healing

@asj how is your “new”
:needle_custom: :eggplant:

And to answer YOUR question, YES

3 Likes

I’m really looking forward to some updates from @JPlowman and @asj ! :star_struck:
(errrrr… why do we have new emojis? I’m slightly frightened by them…)

My chest didn’t change much, I think it’s pretty “done” now - maybe getting a bit brighter… :thinking:
And my arm is currently suffering from incredibly dry skin… damned petroleum jelly for two weeks left my skin looking like I never ever cared for it…^^
I’m definitely too lazy now, but I’m gonna take fresh pictures tomorrow :wink:

5 Likes

Haha, you are the first person to notice them ( Well the first to say anything) , Well done, I was wondering who it was going to be.

:unicorn_clap_clap:

A non-scary emoji for you

2 Likes