Modified - a thread for everything bodmod-related

Haha, it’s doing great thanks! The ampallang + PA looks awesome :sunglasses:. Getting the a shorter bar next week and I can’t wait because I feel like I’m tripping over this one.

2 Likes

So here we are… this is my chest, now a good 14 months old:

The lines are getting brighter and a bit softer as well, but other than that, it didn’t change much in the last few months. Still loving it a lot :heart:

And this is my arm, about 2.5 weeks old now:

Like I said, the skin is pretty dry and itchy, and rubbing it with lemon and sugar two or three times a day doesn’t really help^^ Arnulf already said that he has to rework parts of it, especially the part near the wrist (yay… was the most strenous part for me^^), but he said we should let it heal and see how it all looks when “finished” before deciding on what to do.
Funny thing, when I stood in front of the big mirror in Arnulf’s studio, to take a look at the result of his slicing (and stating that I was very happy with it), he just nodded and said “yeah, it’s a good beginning”. So I guess he already has some plans on how to expand this design across my arm or my whole body :wink:

Oh I can imagine! Getting the shorter bar in should be a real relief :wink:

5 Likes

That would be a great design indeed!!
But I’m afraid @Coma is correct:

Well spotted!!

I try alternating between petroleum gunk, silicon gunk, moisturizer gunk and scar treatment gank.
Sometimes I even start it before I should… :thinking:

But hey, I used to rub alcohol on my scarification, so what do I know? :sweat_smile:

This is indeed the best emoji pack. well done for porting them over, @Pilgrimsmaster !!

4 Likes

Could you zoom out a bit so we get a better appreciation of how it sits overall? Cuz you know, one needs context to appreciate art, right? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

6 Likes

Is this too far?

15 Likes

You guys are killjoys…

1 Like

Hey, where’d you get that pic of me??? Creepy.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Zwack already did, and I kinda like his zoom^^

But this is true as well, so I’m gonna take a better pic someday - with clothes :stuck_out_tongue:
Just gonna get some motivation again to dress up a bit… I’m seriously lazy currently, sorry :wink:

3 Likes

On a more odd side of the body mods.

I had a doctor appointment today. The doctor explained to me what types of symptoms would qualify my for my little toes to be amputated.

I expressed a want to have my toenails permanently removed. And they explained so I understood that only specific things qualify for toe amputation!

Then they mentioned how they have only done a few toe amputations.
Pretty sure they were hinting at taking my lil piggies.

1 Like

I had a hemophiliac friend who was asked if he had considered just having his thumb amputated after a couple of months of it (not) healing.

He would still have the healing problems, just no thumb. :eyeroll:

2 Likes

That’s pretty interesting - may I ask why? I never spoke to people who had fingers, toes or whole limbs amputated voluntarily, but I read quite a bit about that, mostly because I wanted to find out about the motivation for doing such a massive bodmod. For some of the people interviewed, it had to do with some sort of kink, they were aroused by the thought of being an amputee. For others, it was aesthetics, and some of them just couldn’t really explain why.
The stories about how they finally achieved their goals were hard, even for someone like me who is into bodmods for pretty much her whole life… no docs would do an amputation that’s not neccessary, so it was done by themselves or with the help of friends. One of them almost died (I think it was blood loss) after amputating his own leg.

I have to say, I can’t (yet) understand that… but I’d love to! :wink:

1 Like

Ever since I was in, and go out of the Military, I have had toenail problems. We used to have to march quite a ways, and toenails fall off from friction. It isn’t as painful as people think when it happens.

So, I have toenails that will become ingrown without my continual intervention, and I am tired of maintaining it. I inquired with my doctor about the potential for removing them all permanently, but she is only going to do that to 2 toes, and on 2 others, she is removing half permanently.

So Medical reasons. That is the only reason why. Feet are gross anyways, and I don’t show mine off. I also don’t care what they look like. I just want function.

Thanks for that explanation - I can surely understand that! Your feet won’t lose any function without their nails (they’re relatively useless in modern day life, unless you go barefoot a lot), and you don’t care about the optics, so it totally makes sense.
I like to keep my toenails (nail polish stays a lot longer on them, instead of just painting my skin :smile:), but I am in a process of permanently killing the hair in my armpits and my private parts, so I can relate, in a way :wink:

I’m afraid I won’t like the answer, but how is that done? I heard about people who tore off their nails by accident, and they grew back after some time, so… heat? electricity?

1 Like

So when they would fall off due to trauma related, it was like there was a blister under it.

For this medical procedure, she is going to numb my toes, and pretty much tear them off as well. In the past, they usually use a spatula looking thing, and separate it in a kind way.

For the partial, they will likely just cut up my nail with scissors, and scoop out the half that needs to go.

I have had this treatment in the past, but without the chemical to keep them from coming back. Once she removes them, she will apply phenol to the area, and that will (should) kill the cells that make nail tissue.

1 Like

Isn’t it very painful and annoying during the healing time? And do you have to take special aftercare, asides from getting your toes dipped in phenol? :wink:

1 Like

It’s uncomfortable that’s for sure.

I usually get told to stay off my feet and keep them clean. No real other care is needed. Nothing too special. I might roll a joint or two for the pain, but the hospital doesn’t plan to send me home with any medication. Maybe an antibiotic if she wants to be safe.

1 Like

Oh nice, a bodymod thread. :sunglasses:

Apart from my 2 NFC implants (NeXT and xSIID), I have 2 magnets in 2 fingers of the left hand. :magnet:

I also have 1 tattoo and 2 genital (male) piercings :eggplant:.
Im thinking about a second tattoo and have 2 more implants foreseen soon.

1 Like

When I was in India, I saw many amputees that were begging in the streets, I was told by some locals that it is not uncommon for the beggers to maim themselves to get more sympathy and therfore more money.
Related Side note to above but not Bodymod related

Also in India, I saw young girls 10-15 carrying small babies, I was also told that the girls “hire” the babies from the parents, again to increase sympathy and profits

Yeah, I have pulled off a couple of toenails before, straight off the bed, a bit of force needed, but no drama.
Nails grew back fine

Haha, I find it funny that YOU are so coy

another related side note, yet again, not bodymod related