My anniversary project - a privacy friendly popl clone

I’m happy to host and maintain it, I’ve been meaning to switch to using this but I keep forgetting

2 Likes

Hey great! :slight_smile:

Okay, you know where everything is, just go ahead and setup an instance. You need certbot and docker and go if you’re copying my setup, but you can do it without docker (makes a lot of things easier).

I can’t transfer my domain yet (waiting period after last transfer) so just dm your required DNS and email settings once it’s running.

Ofc, just ask!

One thing I can offer is regular security reviews if you like, that’d make me happy.

If you use my orig repo as source please remove any hints of my github identity.

Thanks!
I was hoping you’d step up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m sure I’ll ask for your help for plenty of things, and help with security would be lovely

1 Like

My plan is to use Digital Ocen to deploy a few separate services:

• static content (always free)
  • go serverless function (as a proxy to the database, free*)
  • database ($7 or $15)

How much were you paying @yeka?

*functions pricing

https://docs.digitalocean.com/products/functions/details/pricing/

Functions are billed per GiB-second, which is calculated by multiplying the memory a function uses in GiB by the time it takes to execute in seconds.

Each team has a free allowance of 90,000 GiB-seconds (25 GiB-hours) per month across all functions. Additional usage beyond the free allowance is charged at $0.0000185/GiB-second ($0.0666/GiB-hour). Functions run for a minimum of 100ms per invocation, but pricing does not otherwise change with the number of invocations.

1 Like

I just had one of those $5 instances + backups so $6

And how much storage have you used?

idk, few megabytes lol
got a bit more once people started uploading pics too but it aint much
really just the smallest possible digital ocean droplet

Digital puddle™

4 Likes