My DIY LED tag....well the electronics anyway

Looks like the advertising department just got fresh funding. Gee…

1 Like

Re: The Spammer.

I invoke the BAN HAMMER!!!-

No not really, just a blagger ;-). I’m an RF/electronics guy, but I do like the idea of the added convenience (utilising RFID/electronics) in my life, and if I can add a bit of LED bling then so be it. There’s other RFID related things I’m working on where my ultimate goal is to add functionality that can really help people.

2 Likes

god did you check their website? $99 for a virtual event (their lower end ticket)

They also don’t seem to know where they want to hit, some speakers seem like intelligent people talking about Genome Editing and the other 80% are just nutrition bloggers talking about Biohacking diets

1 Like

Well, there’s one born every minute, so there’s a market for that sort of thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

The thing that gets me about these people is their assumption that their target audience (me in this case) is stupid. It’s deeply insulting.

Case in point. They almost always make their user name the same as what they’re hawking. I’d quuote it to prove it, but Pilgrimaster already cleaned up the offending mess.

Do they really think no one notices? Or that it helps their shitty advert campaign?

Then don’t watch TV, else you’ll feel deeply insulted each time there’s a commercial on - which is 90% of the time.

1 Like

No tv. Not really anyway. I have a 50" monitor.

Plus, I got my own pirate radio thing going. So… no Ads.

1 Like

Any chance of me purchasing one of these to send to Amal? I was thinking of having one of these implanted, and a tattoo put over it. If he is open to it of course.

1 Like

I don’t know where it is at, but I imagine Amal is working with Paul T to bring a product to market.

What tattoo are you thinking of to go over it? The mandala you spoke about or something else?

2 Likes

My artist hasn’t drawn anything up yet, but similar to this,

Then the blinkies will be where the 3rd eye is.

2 Likes

Also, no proof of this. Just figured I would ask.

Me either, just a guess

Nice idea! And a great design - I like body art that makes you feel a bit uncomfortable when looking at it :wink:

Oh, and of course, since it is blinky - yeeees, I’d love to implant one of those things, too! :smiley:

2 Likes

That picture makes you feel that way?

I guess I never thought about it making people uncomfortable.

Not sure if “uncomfortable” is the right word for it… I like pictures where something isn’t “quite right”, where something is slightly “off”, in a way. Or optical illusions, all that stuff (like those geometrical tattoos where it look like you have a “hole” in your arm or so - sadly, they just work at a very specific angle).
In the case of your picture up there, the third eye is such a thing - would it be placed in the middle of the forhead, it would be quite “normal” again, for many cultures place some kind of third eye there. But with that placement, it’s just a bit strange, and that’s what I like about it.

1 Like

Yeah we spoke, and @PaulT is getting some things sorted … then we’ll see about making products.

7 Likes

happy

2 Likes

I laugh every time I see you post the unicorns, for 2 reasons.

1. Your persona seems far removed from rainbow unicorns
  2. It reminds me of this
4 Likes

That’s actually the main reason why I do it - I found this set of slightly psychotic-looking unicorn-stickers, and thought they would make people feel quite a bit strange about me using them. I’m really not the fluffy-sparkle-unicorn-type of girl :smile:

And yeeees, I know about the potty unicorn, too - this adds to the fun I have with all that^^

1 Like