My DIY LED tag....well the electronics anyway

ok. um. this may be a dead or zombie thread, but THIS is why i got into this stuff! - mush have!

what i’d love is the ghostbusters OG proton pack animation… look it up, it’s nifty

I don’t think so, I hope not
Amal replied 2 months ago that that @PaulT and he were working together to see if they could make a product

And Amal has been low key mentioning some crazy shit coming out next year…

I just hope I can find a good location for it lol

1 Like

Cool ok- I’m just getting into this so I’m keen on sticking as many fancy things as I can for when we get to see people again!

1 Like

PLEASE I need blinkies

2 Likes

Agree 87%

1 Like

I need a blinky by my spark, but I don’t want red, and white… meh lol

1 Like

@amal

I really need a rainbow of LEDs. Soon? Very soon?
Red, blue green and purple. Ok. Thx

I think you missed a few colours

rainbow

Those are the glowey parts I need for a tattoo plan…

Also. They make a dumbed down rainbow… rgb +p

Ahhh, Rainbow Lite :rainbow:

:wink:

2 Likes

Purple LEDs are… tough. The purple that most of us think of isn’t really available as a common LED (there are special horticultural LEDs, but that’s different / rare), since it’s actually a combination of red and blue rather that a single wavelength. There are some violet / deep blue LEDs, but they’re either disappointing in terms of brightness and/or colour and/or they also emit UV (although our implants are only lit for a relatively short period of time at this stage, probably still not a good idea).

Other annoying thing is darker colours are actually ‘just’ dimmer - which is bad for implants. You’re never gonna get a dark purple unless it’s in comparison to something brighter / it’s in the dark.

2 Likes

That’s a great point .
I’m hoping to get the light to augment some ink. Might be a good experiment with color and finding the right tones. I know it’s not going to be exact, the light is for the “oooh” effect.

2 Likes

Definitely bookmarking this for a future tattoo idea :blue_heart::blue_heart:

1 Like

I want 100 :rofl: I love this idea, and I absolutely want one! :+1:t2:

1 Like

god i want one so bad

@amal
I know you like to not spill any beans, but can you at least tell us if there is any ACTIVE activity on this behind the scenes or is it on a deep back burner?

Just don’t want to live in hope if it’s already a failed venture

Are you looking for patterns and xSeries? If not, Samuel (@NiamhAstra) is working on the litaf project, with some discussion in the discord. I think there’s a few options / models / ideas still being explored. Downside is that they’re flex PCBs, and also 2/3 ideas that I know of will not have a microcontroller, and thus will not be able to change state / display patterns.

Mostly curious if this is something Amal is still working on / with, or if something has derailed it

1 Like

Yep still working on with the team… just a lot of task switching and priorities jockeying for position.

10 Likes

Love the idea and glad it’s moving along! Imagine the future possibilities of adding functionality like some kind of status indicator for data storage, temp, pulse, etc. :grin:

1 Like