My lung implant :)

Well… not shooting lasers (and I’m just not able to draw unicorns myself), but maybe the most fitting one would be this:

psycho

That said, I think the story is very unlikely, but sometimes even unlikely stories are true. Not saying I believe it yet…
And I think it must have been a very reckless and uninformed install if he actually managed to get it into the vein.

1 Like

Totally get you there!

Thinking only about what lies ahead of us, I completely agree!

Although I might have a brain dysfunction or such, and I find it really hard to not think about 5 or 6 steps ahead! :sweat_smile:

Therefore I automatically fast-forward to multiple possible consequences of our actions, and right now quite a few of them lead to:

This can lead to:

• we start being impressed ->
  • someone new asks about self implant risks ->
  • someone from here tell them about this risk ->
  • they get scared as fuck ->
  • they run away and share their newfound fear ->
  • now we have a new urban myth going on against the proliferation of implants…

Btw, don’t think I spend any time thinking about that. All that ran almost on the background of my brain as soon as I first read the post. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oooohhhh yes!!! :rofl:

Thanks a lot for that illustration!! :grin:

Several things can happen:

1/ The story is a hoax and revealed as such. End of story.
2/ The story is a hoax and revealed as such, but ends up being an urban legend despite numerous attempts to debunk it by people in the know.
3/ The story is not a hoax but nobody believes it.
4/ The story is not a hoax and everybody believes it.

Consequences?

1/ and 3/: life goes on as it always has for would-be implantees and installers.
2/ and 4/: installers and DIYers are reminded that injecting stuff in veins isn’t such a hot idea - not a bad advice in any case.

So whether the story is true or not, everybody’s winning - or at least not losing anything. Hence my showing some leniency towards it. The only one who might end up frustrated is the OP if he’s telling the truth and nobody believes him.

Now, if he had waltzed in here and claimed the glass in his implants was leaching chemicals in his bloodstream and slowly poisoning him, and he has blood tests to prove it, then I might become very interested in knowing if this is bull or not. I would look at the evidence very critically because it might entail me deciding to remove my glassies. But here, it can only lead to a good piece of advice being circulated around, be it based on fact or fiction. What’s not to love? :slight_smile:

You are downplaying the consequences.

Think how much the “microchips are tracking devices” or “microchips are made by satan” stories still pose a big blocker against microchips becoming more widespread.

Both would fall into category “3.5” on your scale.

Yet the consequences are far more disruptive than you suggest.

The government-ufos-number-of-the-beast crowd is already fully wound up even when chips are installed correctly. The only consequences of this story to them is that sometimes, government operatives, aliens and the beast might miss the mark with their needles. This is a completely orthogonal issue.

Come to think of it, it’s a good think for the Satan crowd: the mark of the beast is supposed to be on the right hand (I think?). If the chip shifts away, then suddenly the implantee isn’t marked anymore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

you got me rofling now! :rofl:

Alas, we derail.
My point was Not accusing anyone. Just a simple…

…think horses. :wink:

1 Like

The other useful piece of advice from this story is: don’t self-implant if you can avoid it. Or get your 11 year old to do it - that last bit being either a case of Really Bad Parenting™ or an outright lie. As much as I’m buying the traveling implant story, I’m not quite buying the father-son bonding bit.

1 Like

Default good advice.

Not so much of the issue, I think.

There are loads of installers around who could not distinguish if they hit a vein or not, except for the amount of blood flowing out.

Yet, in an event such as this story, the vein nick must have been “plugged” by the chip.

I got to disagree with you there.

Don’t think that’s bad parenting at all.
Quite the opposite!

Treat kids as developing adults and they will develop into great adults.
Treat kids as tiny imbeciles, and you’ll make it grow into a tall imbecile.

In this case I really appreciate the bonding moment and the trust laid out. that is potentially prime parenting imho.

1 Like

Oh yeah? Tell me this then: how do you think little Timmy would’ve felt for the rest of his life if daddy’s pulmonary embolism had ended up more serious and daddy had died?

1 Like

If the fear of an extremely unlikely bad event should be enough to prevent an individual from acting, then that individual is dead already.

Immagine this:

You are in the sidewalk shovelling snow, then look inside and tell your kid:

“hey, Timmy! come over here”.

Little Timmy looks at you and you are ran over by a car.

Little timmy is just as scarred for the rest of his life, and the odds of you being ran over by a car are about 1000x higher than what happened here.

So by your logic we should just never do anything.

1 Like

Look, sorry but there are some stuff you don’t expose an 11 year old to. Performing an injection into someone - a medical-ish act - is one of them. Unless possibly if you yourself are a medical professional and you hold the child’s hand, and you don’t get the kid to do it on yourself. Perhaps… The same way qualified drivers sometimes let their child sit on their lap and “drive” in first gear on an empty country road with their hands holding the wheel and fully in control of the pedals.

Exposing the kid to the consequences of the medical act, however innocuous-looking, was reckless.

You don’t seem like you have much experience with tweens, right?

I mean… are you talking about an 11 year old, or a toddler?

Although… we have derailed far too much now and this won’t go anywhere… :expressionless:

1 Like

Sometimes it is a zebra

/derail

1 Like

I would argue plenty of people do. I poke people for a living, and they can be a hose sometimes. Prolly put an xG3 there in some. Sure it would leave a nice bruise, but your vascular system is very resilient.

I would say that some people are more… fluffy than others. That fat layer can make it hard to see veins, which is why we learn to use touch to find them.

I wouldn’t put it past someone to let an 11 year old inject them.

Also, people keep mentioning that it should have went right away. But what about your valves in your veins? Would that not stop it? The hand has more than other places to prevent backflow, so I can see it needing to be worked through.

I eagerly await the medical report. I think this is very possible.

1 Like

That install photo is a screenshot, so can we see the install video? I wanna see this two-handed method.

1 Like

I was never advised of the possibility of instantly dying after the installation in front of the installer. So, just like you, I didn’t consider this possible. Now I agree it was bad parenting, but at the moment was just another regular day my son is so used to enjoy with his crazy dad.

Although he is only 11 years old, he is my best friend, relationship counselor, business consultant, philosophy debater and inflamed social protester. I’m sorry if your son is just a kid playing with toys.

If you are an enthusiastic of this technology and want to consider improvements to avoid this happening to someone else, I will help you out with all the information you need for free.

If you are a fact check journalist, move your lazy ass and don’t expect me to do your job for you.

If you think my story is too fantastic to be true, maybe you should also know I have passed several years having to sit down every month to talk business with the hospital shareholders who happens to include the murder of my father who bought justice and is still free, working as a doctor at the same hospital.

Here in Brazil we treat full of sureness people like you guys with one phrase:

How much are you willing to bet?

After we talk numbers and put cash on table, I will be more than glad to provide all the proofs you ask :wink:

I’m not attacking your son at all, I have no desire to make it a personal thing, I’m just legitimately interested to see the install video both as an implantee and ex-body mod professional. I love seeing how people approach these things differently, especially how you’re tenting your hand during the procedure.

And I’m not willing to bet much without better evidence :wink: I’m a skeptic, yes; but happily willing to change my tune if it becomes clear that I am wrong. Medical anomalies happen but it’s a bold claim and so far, very little to back it up. So please excuse me if I sound a little disbelieving, I’m sure a lot of medical professionals would take this with a grain of salt too :heart:

4 Likes

Cash, no cash, makes no difference to me. I think your story is believable. I personally won’t quote your case or fully believe it until I see a case report.

People have had a tree start growing in their lungs. I think anything is possible.

1 Like

I am not gonna turn public my family video, but I will send it privately to Amal if he is interested, along with all the xray, tomography videos and hospital papers.

I have less than 4% fat, weight 120lb, and have very thick veins right under my skin at my whole body. I guess for me is more a issue to avoid them than getting into them.

1 Like

About the installation, I simply asked him to put his elbows on the table and hold the syringe firmly while I went with my hand against it pulling the skin with left hand. After achieving “right” place I asked him to push the plunger

1 Like