My lung implant :)

Described a fact and showed evidence

Evidence was put to doubt without any sign or proof of falsification

I feel like I’m in flat earth society club lol

8 Likes

I’m not arguing against what you posted, simply explaining why I took the original stance I did, and clarifying that it wasn’t out of malice

Again…

claiming that evidence is not enough is miles away from claiming it was falsified.

what you posted at the beginning was simply “not enough”.

No one accused you of fabricating evidence.

But then this overly victimising posture definitely pushes people away from wanting to believe in you.

1 Like

That’s exactly the reason this forum is more inclined to be a fanatic club than a science community.

If there is one single evidence and you still doubt the claim, you are invariably doubting the evidence, even if you are not bold to admit

The funniest part of it is saying it wasn’t enough but later was, with just more of the same with zero new evidences

If you truly want a “science community”, it would be completely inappropriate to accuse someone/a group of “lynching” you, just due to skepticism (I still take heavy discomfort of your use of that word in this instance).

That’s the entire point of peer review, reproducing experiments, etc. The whole point of modern collaborative science is exactly to not take the words of one man at face value, with no further investigation.

Many of us made it abundantly clear at the beginning that we thought your claim was theoretically possible, but needed more investigation for confirmation. This should have been understandable given how fantastic your claim was.

As others have pointed out for themselves, it’s your attempts at rapid (and rather rude) defenses, such as this one, that makes me even less confident about the original claim. If the evidence is correct, let it stand on it’s own, and discuss aspects of it as people (again, understandably) have questions. Insulting the very community you’re trying to convince doesn’t help things.

5 Likes

No one who doesn’t follow basic cartesian rhetoric can say is doing science

A single piece of evidence does not automatically equal proof, it’s not black and white like that usually

If someone claimed an implant traveled to their brain, I’m going to need more than a single X-ray to even consider it plausible

Evidence is something that helps to convince a claim, more evidence the more you are likely to convince someone

There are other things that can act to amplify skepticism,

Such as, reputation or lack thereof, attitude/demeanor, motive, etc

If you made a scientific discovery, you don’t get to just say you did and toss out one or 2 pieces of vague evidence and then high road anyone who questions you, that’s not how science or life works

Edit
Domo beat me to my point

I feel like this is starting to mirror the implanted against will thread,
…in a few ways…
and we are just arguing with a wall, and my trust is going down

3 Likes

Everything else aside, maybe don’t make a claim on the internet if you can’t handle the burden of proof for it 1qbecy

2 Likes

I feel it would be appropriate to give Sourpunk a rest. He’s under no obligation to provide any proof to anybody after all. Believe him, don’t believe him, take it or leave it. It’s starting to feel like a bona fide interrogation.

2 Likes

Very wise words, and the core reason of why I am sure that this forum is a place for science, research and learning!

No one is asking him for any proof.

He is just being rude to people on an overzealous defensive stance.
It’s understandable that they will feel attacked as well.

I for one gave up with replying to him. “there is only so much you can blame a wall for not listening. after a while it’s you who shouldn’t be talking.” :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Wanna play the sincerity game?

I will start:

I admit I intended to elaborate the facts in the most fantasized way to make it more difficult to believe, although it’s still fact, just to trick with people skepticism.

The next person could say something like

“I admit I fell for the trap and let dogma rule over reason ignoring cartesian steps”

Sorry, this was the point where I decided I’m out. No matter what else happens here, you might consider showing some base respect for the community you’re currently attacking. We had doubts. Yeah. So what, deal with it. I could tell a lot of fantastic stories (that actually happened as well, to me), and I would expect most people not to believe them, that’s life - simply because nobody really knows you or me here.
But currently, you are just rude and unfriendly, exactly what you accuse us of, and I think that’s just plain bad behaviour.

edit: we had discussions about religion, ethics and gun laws before, and they had a more friendly tone!

5 Likes

I’m not out yet. I’m just still waiting on the evidence.

1 Like

Here’s my question.

Could we replicate the placement?
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NOBODY TRY IT!!!

This also makes me wonder if we could use a (fantastically nonexistent) electromagnet array to tug / steer it into position?

Sorry. My random thought processor got tripped to the on position.

1 Like

Thank you Satur9 for opening up:)

See? Is not that hard!
The rest of the club can follow Satur9’s example, drop the science mask and unveil the true fanatic persona.

I think my job is done here.
Thank you for your attention.
Good luck with future implants

Haha, I don’t know what you’re on about but I’m enjoying it nonetheless. I guess have a nice life dude.

5 Likes

What was your accomplishment? Attention? I hope everything works out for you. Don’t let unexperienced people implant you, if you want to help things like this from happening in the future to someone else, more information would be helpful. Possibly why some are asking if you can read the chip where it’s located. Most people here with the income to purchase implants have phones to read them. They also make videos of themselves reading them. Wouldn’t be that out of the normal people asking you to read it etc. It is very subjective, but personally if my Spark 2 moved to my chest. I would want it out and/or read it. Sorry some people are rude, but if some are just being direct don’t take it as being rude. Your behavior is coming of as disrespectful. imo <3

3 Likes

Wow. So. This was a thing that happened. What an odd ride.

5 Likes