My story about the UniFI Access Door

Hi,

It is not the USW :wink:
it is the previous model :slight_smile:

Same here. It’s POE+ (24/48V), the 250w though.
Also have an 8 port edgeswitch lying around, so all is good :slight_smile:

I have both the flexM1, NeXT and XM1 installed, so it’ll be interesting to see how well /consistently it reads the different implants😊

Hi,
I hope to have the FlexNext and the FlexMT installed soon;)
btw the flexNext works smoothly for you without any problems?

Take a look at the forum for info on the FlexNExT on mobile and at work otherwise I would grab a link but suffice to say a number of them have died.

Sorry if it was unclear, I have the FlexM1 (magic mifare, wedge formfaktor) and also a standard NeXT glassie and a XM1 glassie.

They all function well :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, @chipman like @Devilclarke said, just do a search in the forum for FlexNExT, you will find a few examples as to why it is currently being reworked.
This link is Probably the most relevant

And that is why this

Hijacking this thread.
Thanks to @chipman, I also ordered the Unifi Access starter kit.

I have a Yale Doorman lock, which works relatively good, but I sometimes get slow reads.

Purchased a keyfob for the Yale and gutted it,then shorted the push-button to unlock the door

Next step was to solder the battery connection to a voltage regulator, tuning the 12v power from the UAC down to 6v which the remote requires

Final setup: when an approved access card or chip is read, it sends a 6v pulse to the keyfob which in turn opens the door lock.

And after some drilling and swearing, here is the final result, - comparing read time against the Yale.

@anon3825968 : the UAC is definitely more consistent and easier to get a read, (probably because it is powered and therefore doesn’t need to pulsate)

1 Like

Yes! Well done :wink:

Will some of these could work on my VivoKey Spark 2
13.56MHz ISO14443A & NFC Type 4 chip???

Quite potentially… hopefully somebody here has both and can do a test for you

1 Like

based on the datasheet online it can authenticate with the following tags

NFC Tag 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
MIFARE Classic
MIFARE Plus
MIFARE Ultralight
MIFARE DESFire EV1/EV2

but I am pretty sure, unless you use their presigned desfire chips, its simply using UID to authenticate.

2 Likes

I have the vivokey dev kit. Will test later today and post the results. Also, @pac is correct. It authenticates on UID in ‘simple mode’.
As I understand, bluetooth authentication is also on its way, so visitors can auth with their phone for example.
It is not rolled out as a feature yet though.

Those are cards with the same ISO15693 chips as Spark 1, just FYI

Hello everyone,
Already a small extension to my gateway :wink:

3 Likes

Ah.
Well.
It reads in any case :slightly_smiling_face:

I hate to necro an older topic but this seems to be the best discussion on the subject. Is there a way to get an Apex Flex to work? I enrolled a real Tesla key card with no trouble but it refuses to read the NAK applet in the Apex Flex while using the Pro reader.

For what it’s worth the LITE reader will work with the Apex Flex. I guess I may just end up using 2 LITE readers. That’s a shame. Or is it a bonus and I just need another implant? :grin: Any thoughts?

It’s not reading the nak applet on the Tesla keycard. Chances are the Tesla keycard uses a chip that also enables mifare emulation and the unifi reader is just reading that… but the Apex chip does not have mifare emulation enabled because it takes up a ton of memory to do that and mifare sucks anyway.

1 Like

Mine scans on the lite reader when only the nak and OTP applets are installed. I can get it to work on the pro but the pro sucks at reading tags

The pro reader just sucks for reading tags. I swapped to all lite readers.

1 Like

Wait… So if only nak or otp is installed then it doesn’t work? That seems… Odd.