Naming convention for implant locations EXPANDED

Eschew obfuscation :wink:

1 Like

What I’m drawing up, won’t replace the original implant sutra

just add to it mostly

I’ll post it tomorrow when I get it done

I guess what I was trying to say is, the simple implant location shortcuts people use now are immediately understood. If you have to look up more precise locations in any way, you may as well look up the anatomical terms (and learn some standard anatomy in the process :slight_smile:) Hence no need to reinvent the wheel.

But let’s see what you come up with.

What if we create a piece of software that takes a picture of your hand, and let’s you choose the exact coordinates of the implant? It can then encode those coordinates using a custom method and allow you to share that encrypted string with other users. They can decode the string to get the exact location of your implant.

If we wanted to improve the system even further, we could add a two-step verification method. I’m thinking both parties meet in a dark alley and scan each other’s chips. The software will verify the UIDs and that way can verify that you’re the correct person for it to give the implant location.

I feel like this system could be a real winner! It’s only marginally more complicated then what’s already been suggested too!

1 Like

I love this idea! And it would make me feel a lot more secure during those dodgy backalley chip-scanning encounters :slight_smile:

But more seriously, you could have the “implant GPS body coordinate” encoded in the implant proper, which could then be matched against the exact physical location on the person if required. The implant’s memory is easy to clone, but where it ends up exactly in someone’s body - if someone was dedicated enough to impersonate you and implant the same implant at the same place as you - is almost impossible to control.

The coordinates would have to be re-encoded every one in a while for new implantees as the implant migrates and settles. Otherwise it’s a neat idea. I like it!

2 Likes

This was why I said “This is why we can’t have nice things”

I didn’t say that…

I just don’t think that the current system is particularly broken.

Then add asymmetric encryption and some sort of PKI and you can really prove that the person is who they say they are. Vivokey Apex as proof of identity.

1 Like

And put the implant body coordinate in a public record - like in a blockchain or something. Impossible to fake and decentralized.

2 Likes

Lets just number and letter the grids in this image, It couldn’t be more simple :rofl:

1 Like

Uhh so that last part palmar / dorsal I think it would make sense at least for hands that unless stated palmar or p then we always mean dorsal.

Personally it makes sense to have L or R (reference the person with implant so there left or right)

Location number

Then is required a P for palmar

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too, everyone else just seems to be arguing…

@anon3825968 your reference to the Anatomical terms of location is awesome thank you, I’m still reading but it looks like it’s not quite specific enough as it covers the entire body, only having a paragraph on the hand, and no shorthand codes (which I feel is the main advantage of the current L/R 0-11 system

Correct, it’s not specific. But it is complete, and it’s been used successfully by the medical profession for centuries. Hence my suggestion of using it as a default system when the DT shortcuts don’t quite cut it.

Believe it or not, some of us have implants in other places :slight_smile:

Finally found what TK9965 .G635 2006 is, kinda unsatisfying outcome to my search, but a good point about the reference system

1 Like

Yeah, I’m just using that as an example, there’s that much detail on positions on the arm, feet, torso etc. The only place thats well defined is the face. Once we’ve extended the position system up the arms I think we should run a poll to figure out where to expand to next

I suspect there’s a lot more detailed anatomy on all body parts in specialized books. This is just Wikipedia.

I’m on the side of keep things simple, we already have enough issues with P0-5, let alone any more than than that. The issues are only exacerbated when I forget that people outside this community might not know the positions / what the hell I am on about (e.g. the biohack.me forums when they used to be active, or their slack group)

Personally, if it’s something that has to be studied / decoded, there’s little point, use some other description or a diagram :rofl:. Lots of us have said hold on a moment, I’ll draw a picture before.

2 Likes

I agree a sentence and a sketch isn’t be too bad, but it wouldn’t hurt to have the option.
For the “if you have to study it, it’s too complex” argument, if you care about understanding implant locations that well, you will study it, and if you don’t then “Back of my middle finger” is plenty for you

Arm

This is the first comment in this thread and I absolutely agree. How many positions do we need for each of the upper and fore arm?

• 3 called: Distal, Middle, and Proximal
  • Let people specify (eg. 1/3: in the third nearest the wrist)

0 voters

Fingers

If we were to name the fingers, should we keep positions 6-10 as they are and extend them to be the whole finger, or make somthing new?

• A-E / F0-F4 (new and unique)
  • 6-10 (keep the old system)

0 voters

Modifiers

@amal could you explain this more? Do you mean every spot has a single unique number, or modifiers have to be numbers too?
The poll in my first post turned up 60/30 in favor of modifiers, but it was a bit ambiguous if it was just talking about the fingers

If modifier were included, which would you prefer? These would be used for specifying positions arround a finger/arm

• Palmar, Dorsal, radial, ulnar
  • 0-3 / A-D / ^>v<

0 voters

Some extra stuff

I think this is smart

Ditto

Ditto again

Always the person being talked about (I think this was a joke, but still)

Absolute comedy gold form @APartOfMe

Ok here’s my proposal, forgive my amazing deepfake level of me paint

It doesn’t completely rewrite the current implant sutra it only extends it, so @Pilgrimsmaster would only have a few tweaks to make if he chooses to do so

The colors can be zones, or it can just be plain numbers as listed

Positive and negative help determine top and bottom
Always counted from inside to outside

To those that think only the original stuff is needed, most of use now have implants outside of the original sutra, half of my 10 would not be on the map

By this system I have
XSIID L0
NEXT L -1
Xm1 L1
Xem L2
Purewrist flex L3
xEM L4
NEXT L17
Xg3v1 L22
Spark 2 L-6
XNT L-8

@amal, this is your show, what do you think?

edit

Haha I forgot 16 somehow. Derp
Oh well it isn’t the final copy, it can be corrected it was just meant as a proof of concept

Or it can be added to whatever non 17 wrist location is used

I find the negative numbers for the underside not matching to be confusing. Personally I would rather say that (for example) 19 is just above the radiocarpal joint in the middle outside of the forearm, and that -19 is the spot directly opposite that.

Yes this means that this will have gaps in the numbering where you can’t (shouldn’t) put an implant but if someone says L5 or -L5 you know exactly where they are talking about.

I would also like to see a more generic indicator… So “I am thinking of putting it in P5” would mean any of L5, L-5, R5 or R-5.

Otherwise I think this can work.

The pre existing 10 have no underside equivalent
So the numbers on the wrist/forearm just start from - 2

Skipping -1 thru -10 is also a problem since -1 is already an existing location

-1 is really on the bottom side, so making it 11 would be a problem

I don’t think -18 needs to be a mirror of 18 but I can draw that up if you’d like me to

The bottom forearm will just start at -18