Need help noob (fake magic)

I would love to speak more about magic and the ideas I have and ways to execute. Unfortunately this week is looking crazy for me but I’ll be in touch!

3 Likes

It’s official- they are IN ME and wow… What an experience that was.
So one if the magic tricks I would like to use my NEXT for is a simple “impossible” business card transfer. I have already figured out how to hold the phones and make it seem like I am just magically adding my contacts to their phone without typing anything but I’m running into an issue with, you guessed it, iPhones. Is there a way to get an iPhone to read NFC information without having the phone set up with NFC tools (or another app)? Cause if I need to download an app to each persons phone just to do a trick it really makes it much less impressive haha. I watched the modern rogue episode where Jason gets his out in and it looks like they are reading his with an iPhone but I may be mistaken. Please help!

2 Likes

What data did you write to the ntag216? As I understand it only some NDEF record types work without an app.

2 Likes

200 (1)

200 (2)

3 Likes

I wrote my information under that contact portion of NFC tools. Also is the ntag216 the NFC side of the NEXT? I didn’t really know what to do with the information the app displayed when I read that chip.

Also, I can’t find the Spark 2 in my right hand. I can scan it alright but I can’t see it on the surface of my skin like my other one and I also can’t feel it in there. Is this common with fresh injections? I’m just concerned because I really don’t know what to expect.

1 Like

So I just looked and saw that I wrote the contact information to the NTAG216. But sometimes when I scan I get that info and other times I just get Mifare. Does NFC tools read both the lf and hf sides of the tag?

Also, what is NDEF?

Yes, that is the NFC chip that is inside the NExT. Sorry should have said that.

I am 100% not an iPhone person. But I think they only support URLs (links to web pages) and maybe text records without an app.

No unfortunately only the HF side. The LF side is a t5577 chip for your reference :slight_smile:

I can’t remember the full details but essentially mifare has been so overused as a term for NFC chips it’s almost meaningless (@amal has a good rant about it on the forum somewhere I think)

It’s the name of the data format that you are writing to the ntag with the app. It’s essentially just a standard way of writing things like web URLs, contact details, text and various other things to NFC tags. It literally means “NFC Data Exchange Format”.

I have no personal experience with this (I’m a filthy pretender, I don’t have any implants in)

But I have read a tiny bit. It sounds deep if you can’t feel it at all but if you are getting good reads from it and it is not causing any discomfort I would not be concerned personally.

3 Likes

Give us an update tomorrow, you’ll feel it then. Wether you can see it really depends on where you placed it, my spark 2 is between my 3rd and 4th metacarpal and I can’t see it either because my metacarpal kind of pertruded around it. That sounds weird but you’ll know what I mean if you look at your hand. Anyways if it scans and heals properly you’ll be fine. Welcome to the club!

3 Likes

Yeah, It was an iPhone, you can tell from how they try to read it, NFC is set up for apple pay, so along the “TOP” edge
Check out this Wiki, It may help your repertoire when you realize not all phones and NFC antenna placements are the same, Another reason you may want to consider a Flex in the future hamster

One other issue you may come across is Phone covers, they can somewhat diminish the readability, so bear that in mind

2 Likes

And somewhat modest
unnamed (30)

2 Likes

I will admit I was supprised your post before this didn’t throw any shade at Apple :sweat_smile:

Nothing compared to you… The master of read time. Your have more than double Amal… :bowing_man:
Screenshot_20200428-211454_Opera

2 Likes

You don’t need to read it when you LITERALLY wrote the book on it :wink:

3 Likes

Or time to read it when you have a whole forum of needy passionate users who have tons of demands great ideas for him to work on.

5 Likes

It’s been about 24hours since the implant and my NEXT in my left hand is still totally issue free and only slightly tender. My Spark2 (the area of concern) in my right hand is only causing minor discomfort when moving my thumb. I am mostly confident that I ca feel where it is but it is deep enough that it feels like there is a barrier of tissue in between. I am getting semi-consistent reads from my phone and haven’t hooked up the reader as part of the package from DT because I really don’t know where to start or how to use it. For now my concern is lower than it was yesterday but I’m hoping the mobility issues clear up completely.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update, great the NExT is in position well
just keep us updated with the Spark2

Are you taking the KRB1?

Just plug into your computer (no drivers needed) and scan your NExT or Spark2
It will “type” in the active field your UID from your implant.
So you could just use it as a pin/password, you could even use both to make one long password

Or the

xEM Access Controller (xAC)?

These videos will explain it well.
Where it mentions door latch, you could substitute with a multitude of things for your magic

3 Likes

I have both and haven’t broke out either. Thank you for the resources!

2 Likes

No worries, Just to expand, for the xAC you could activate, electromagnets, push / pull solenoids, fans to pull or push air ( Polarity dependant ), lock latches, actuators etc etc.
image image image image
image image
You get the idea

5 Likes

Right on! I have been looking for something to activate an electro magnet for a slightly larger trick I have been working on. I’ll make sure to throw that up in the project area when the time comes!

2 Likes

I jokingly posted this and then though it might interest you although you may have similar ideas…

3 Likes