Need help noob (fake magic)

Great idea, That would definitely be doable.
Antenna in the Handle where your Thenar / webbing naturally lies.
Just naturally grab a handle and slide your hand down it, your 0 position implant rolls down and toward where the antenna would be, and this would turn off the electromagnet, Thus releasing Mjölnir
Cool trick

3 Likes

So I have given my hands time to heal up and I’m getting super inconsistent reads on my Spark2 (the one in the right hand I’ve been having issues with)
Is this a sign that I’m not getting good reads?
I don’t like that I need to scan a few times to get all my information.
If I removed the tag could I send it back to get re-sterilized so that I can get it out back in loser to the surface of the skin (I previously mentioned that this tag was put in a little deep and is under a layer of tissue)

P.S. My NeXT is doing great (in my left hand)

2 Likes

The serial number is sensitive if he’s enrolled it on a lock or anything like that? The rest isn’t afaik.

The spark would not be very secure if 1 scan gave you anything important. It’s some sort of challenge response I believe, tired so can’t remember details.

The url is just a link to his VivoKey profile/business card or a redirect he set afaik and it’s incomplete but I guess if you don’t want us to be able to see that page then it’s sensitive too.

EDIT: Refers to a now deleted post about the screenshots being dangerous.

2 Likes

Signing off for the night most likely. I’ve been refreshing a ton this week waiting for the store to update. I need a break.

3 Likes

lol, that’s dedication

2 Likes

Nah. Mostly boredom. Partly because he mentioned it, and I have been just looking forward to the next one.

Also might cut my NExT out. I have the cyborg bundle in my cart now.

1 Like

Thanks, the pictures have been removed.

1 Like

There still in the history if you are concerned. Not sure how to remove them fully.

1 Like

To answer your question though.
It looks like you are getting partial reads. which could be a couple of factors
Too deep
Phone type and NFC antenna and or phone case…
Orientation you are trying to read it
Not giving it quite enough time to read properly. ( although generally a read is faster than a write )

Too deep, not much you can do without removing and reinstalling like you suggested, however it is reading, so…
Does your Vivokey app read it ok?
DO you have a good hit-rate of accessing your profile?
What phone do you have?
is it on THIS list and / or do you know where the NFC antenna is so you can get a perpendicular placement?
Have you tried the Diagnostic card / Field detector to find the optimal placement(s)
Are you reading without a phone cover?
Do you see a consistent read info result if you dwell on the read a little longer?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to narrow down an answer / solution for you

2 Likes

I flagged the post so hopefully it gets taken care of

2 Likes

I have an IPhone X, I have been reading it without the case, I don’t have the vivokey app (I’ll get it and try that) I don’t have a physical reader set up yet to test it or the angle on- other than my phone.

Have you got access to an Android?

I could probably borrow one for temporary use to register it but the short answer is no.

Have a look in the playstore to get an idea of what you want / how you want to set it up when / if you get android access.
You can then “one and done” in about 5 mins, and then you just need to sit back and wait for the iOS app to arrive

2 Likes

Thanks! I will look into this.

2 Likes