Padlock Key/Nfc

What a delicate and polite way of saying “bullshit fake biohacking-branded Sharper Image-like devices for suckers, nutritional supplements and other snake oil products”.

2 Likes

What do you have against lightbulbs that you stick in your ears? Or an oxygen blocking training mask?

This just reminds me of the LA magazine article about “bio hackers”. Beware the ozone enema.

You can stick anything you want in your ears and in your poop chute. The only problem I have is when stores sell this stuff as “biohacking” products, because then when I identify as a biohacker to the outside world, people take me for a new-age fool with more money than common sense. In fact, I specifically steer clear of the term as often as possible for that very reason.

2 Likes

You mean I wasted all of that money on a Vitamin C filter showerhead? :rofl:

I remember Robert Anton Wilson suggesting that New Age should rhyme with Sewage. I think I can see why.

Yeah… I don’t know what it is with the word “hack” and all its derivatives, but apparently it’s invariably taken over and twisted to mean something other than its original meaning.

The thing with biohacking is… It can mean anything you do consciously to modify your bodily processes. I mean look: when I read somewhere decades ago that increased level of CO₂ in the blood triggers bowel movements, the first thing I did was hold my breath the next time I got constipated to try it out, and sure enough, it works. Is that biohacking? No: it’s a trick to go faster.

Biohacking should involve something a bit more futuristic than obvious tricks everybody has known since the dawn of time to be called biohacking. But… since the term has already been subverted for crass commercial reasons, the argument is moot. I just plain don’t use the word, is all.

1 Like

It’s coming! it’s coming! I can feel it coming!

archer-coming

Well the ps locks contact has changed to a new contact (higher up the chain?/replaced?)

They inform me the PAD lock is no longer available and is being redesigned,

I repeated “our” interest in a 125/13.56 lock
I also tossed out that if the designer is open to input we could provide some advice to make the lock have a more compatible antenna

So no dice as of now

2 Likes

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod! The incredimazing stupid-man-with-too-much-money’s padlock has landed - a full month after ordering, no less:

Boy, this is exciting stuff. I can barely contain myself!

You and all of us too!
I hope you are on your way to pick it up as I type…

Not quite. For that to happen, I have to shift a foot of snow off my driveway, and I’m still pondering whether I feel up to the task or I should call the man.

How’s your telemark skills?

Sorry, derailing

2c58df16c09a8b162d324456125b578a

I still want a damn lock lol

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60853158481/RFID-smart-BT-padlock-with-Android.html

It’s obviously chinesium, but maybe it will work?

It’s cheap enough to maybe be worth a shot

@Eriequiet, what’s up!

My name is Ryan Boswell, I’m the Director of Business Development with LynkD.

I came across this forum today and was amazed that people actually found us… We’ve stayed pretty small as we iron out some solutions and the direction we want to head with our products. But regardless, how cool that you guys have been able to use some of our stuff.

These products are all a little bit outdated and we’re working on a re-launch of our system, application, hardware stack and more. So new support will be available within the next few months. Some of them might not even work so if they don’t send me an email and we’ll get that taken care of.

I’ve read everyone’s comments and honestly just want to hear everyones honest thoughts. I’d love to hear from you guys as you’ve busted our products down (in a constructive way lol) what sucks, what’s good, what could be better.

If you want to get in touch, I’d love to chat and hear your thoughts. Same goes for anyone on here that’s maybe interested in learning a bit more, or that has questions/comments.

You can reach me at RBoswell@LynkD.com

Nice meeting you all!

5 Likes

Hi,

We’re always looking for new gear to use.
If your looking for honest & constructive feedback you’re at the right place!
A lot of people on here but gear to share with us how it works and how we can make it better/fit our use better.

In term of lock/padlock, a few of us have some experience/interested with physical security (pick/bypass) and are looking for an NFC enabled lock that doesn’t sacrifice every elements of security.
Most (if not all) electronic door locks have junk backup cores and most padlock can be pried open with no tools or bypassed with no skills and/or very little tools …

If you’re planning on lunching a new product line, I’m happy to test them and provide my thoughts and feedback (it’s part of my current job [R&D testing and service/support])

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: QuickLock Door Lock, Padlock and xSLX review

@BozLynkD
Welcome Ryan

That’s exciting to hear

Ok here are my humble suggestions

1. Move to iso14443a
    Iso15693 is a far more uncommon, iso14443a is much more popular, and even among your non bio hacker customers it would be beneficial as they would be able to purchase stickers,fobs,iso cards with far more variety… giving customers options in how and what they use with your product will allow it to be used in more applications

Potentially also compatible with phones

1. Make sure you keep the ability to enroll new ids or cards, if not it would break many use cases… including this entire community

3.Keep the antenna as close to the face of the lock as possible,

I recently bought a 14443a padlock, that was rendered useless because the antenna was on the back of the circuit board, and about 5-6mm deep… this caused almost no read range with implants

1. Backup power

A usb plug (not mini for god sakes) is ok, but a hassle if you need to find a usb battery, I think the 2 contact points for a 9v would be great

I would be happy to send to a low quality imitation of a 14443a implant if it would help get a lock that would work better for us

Additional idea/suggestion

Have you considered getting a compatible implant for your locks? Could be a lot of fun as a party trick in regards to your products

It’s not as invasive or big of a deal as you might think

1 Like

Haha, I was going to suggest the same, but I didn’t want to scare him off… :rofl:

good extra suggestions by the way including

I have a couple of locks with that option, plus yes a Type C is another good option.

I know you can plug two phones together Type C to Type C and charge one of them from the other, but the charging is controlled from the receiving phone so I don’t know if the is active power delivery without smarts at the other end to control it. Maybe a Type C-PD in the padlock ( or door lock etc. ) could work.

I carry both a 9V and powerbank with me in my backpack, but I don’t know which would be the better option as far as backup power for a padlock, and which is more common for people to have or have access to

1 Like

Much more common to have a power bank …

9v external connector are great but i dont always have one on me … it usually stays in my tb for my multimeter

Hello, thanks for asking for feedback. I don’t have much to say that hasn’t already been said, except one thing.

I would love to have a decently secure padlock to use with a chain or single unit chain lock for locking up a bike. it would speed up locking and unlocking a lot so I can spend more time riding.