Purewrist prepaid payment card in USA

Does purewrist work on machihes that say Mastercard paypass? I tried a few and can’t get it to work. I’m going to try some other devices today but I want to make sure the thing works before I install it.

In theory they should work but it may take some getting used to positioning them correctly. Each machine model is slightly different of course.

I will keep trying. I tried on 4 vending machines and 2 gas stations… no luck yet… seems to be my luck with the flex products. Going to go try it again in a few minutes

Thank you amal!! It’s all about placement as you said omg I’m soo happy it worked!!

7 Likes

I have one last question before I install my implant. What side is up and what side is down? Does the all white smooth part go up and the part I can see the black chip go down?

It doesn’t matter one bit, but chip side down if ya nasty…

tenor

2 Likes

I did it with chip down lol … I have a question has anyone been able to get toast tap nfc reader to work with purewrist. I was at a shop today and never seem a toast tap and I tried it and could not get it to go.

Next time you go back, take your xFD :xfd: with you

Try and find the antenna perimeter, which will be perpendicular with the xFD, then try you Purewrist laying parallel with the antenna.

(does that make sense to you?)

So I ran into this guy last night,
The gas station claimed the contactless was working, and there was an occasional 1 of four green leds that’s standardized blink

But god, no read… not even with my phone broadcasting nfc payment

It looks cool I suppose, but talking with the clerk… I told him as nice as they look I bet they don’t make it more than 3 months before someone rage smashes one

That’s interesting. Did you try the Diagnostic Card on that little NFC plate at the bottom?

Yeah why is it way over there? Seems sketchy haha

Ohh great tip!!! I will bring that with me next time I am also having issues with the verifone readers. I get an error saying to rescan my phone so I will bring my xdf and see next time.

1 Like

Everything else is a touch panel,
The 2 ports left and right on bottom are some kind of bar code scanner, with the nfc Module presumably in the middle

I can confirm this. There’s a few gas stations in my area (north Texas) which show as having contactless payment at the pumps, but I keep my diagnostic card on me and haven’t ever been able to pick anything up with it.

1 Like

Fitted for but not with???

1 Like

yes, like in the pic Eriequiet posted, the NFC bit is there with the flashing lights, but no signal comes off it

2 Likes

Loves Truckstop has working contactless payment systems at the pumps and the POS terminal inside. I’m in north/central Texas and I travel to and from the metroplex semi regularly.

1 Like

These stupid verifone terminals are the only ones that give me issue. I’ve been able to get exactly 1 to read from the top, all of the others I stand there rubbing my hand all over it like a weirdo. I’d be interested to see if you figured out where the antennas actually are in that thing

I don’t haunt these forums much, but just checking in to say that my life is unequivocally a tiny bit better because I went to the trouble of stabbing this little payment chip into my hand.

It’s a quality of life improvement so mild that I don’t really notice it until I sit down and think about how cool it is to never worry about whether or not I have my wallet, or that I have been leaving the house without my phone more frequently since I don’t rely on Apple Pay…

I can’t imagine a 10-20yr future in which most people do not have these. Sure it’s dumb to be early and have put one in that’s gonna expire in a few years, but I’m mildly grateful for it pretty much every day and am surprised more folks don’t have them.

6 Likes

also i mean it’s rad as hell, but I was trying to be pragmatic

3 Likes