The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

new-flex-416x416

When you get a Flex implant installed, is it put in chip-side facing up at the skin, or down towards the rest of the fleshy-bits?

Does it matter?

OHHHHHHHH
Shiny

:star_struck:

I don’t believe it does.
The encapsulation smoothes it out so it may have a flat bottom and hump on top,
Depending on where you put it, It might fit one way better than the other.

My rationale was to minimise the potential of bending therefore separating the chip from the board.

I have flexes in my forearms and P1’s , and P4

Pretty excited for you

1 Like

DT takes some darn good photos: FlexDF :classic_tongue:

This was my main concern as well, though I do also wonder if the chip being on one side or the other would have any meaningful impact on read-range

I’m thinking L3 at the moment

Thanks! Me too :classic_grin:

My installer, I believe, said chip up to give a better read. That was based off of a one time incident where his previous client couldn’t get a read until he filpped the implant. Take this will a grain of salt though, as I’m fuzy on the details.

1 Like

@DBP
Can you weigh in on the orientation question?

1 Like

My favorite comment on the matter:

5 Likes

I did tests before I installed my Apex Flex for the same reason, I didn’t bother with my older copper style antenna as it didn’t matter.

This was done via eye-ometer, I was happy enough with the results to say there was no noticeable difference.

I have designed a test rig in my head. ( One that anyone can make with a few cheap and basic parts )
It will be accurate and should be a simple and quick build, I just haven’t really made it a priority.

However
@Aoxhwjfoavdlhsvfpzha
"Your request is important to us, please hold the line, we will be with you shortly

You are number 1 in the queue"

i.e. I will get it done tomorrow with some definitive answers

3 Likes

I’ve learned from trial and error

Chip side up :rofl:

1 Like

@Aoxhwjfoavdlhsvfpzha
I built the test rig and conducted the testing and I have the results for you.

The difference between Chip up and Chip down was

I’ll do a project write up later for anybody who may want to make themselves a cheap, quick and easy range tester

Here’s a teaser of V1.0

4 Likes

Thanks @Pilgrimsmaster!

2 Likes

I’d rather use an implant, doesn’t take up space or get lost.

4 Likes

My quick opinion:
I feel like asking before using content is a more respectful way than doing it and having the person find out afterwards. Terms of service are one thing and make sense the way they are, but IRL people are mostly unaware of them and would be negatively surprised to see their content “commercially” used without a courtesy notification.
While things like reposting or tagging on social media are widely accepted, taking photos from a forum to put on a product page is arguably less conventional and deserves a bit more finesse.
I personally don’t care, if I post it online it’s public end of the story but that’s not everyone’s opinion especially when business is involved.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s like of those things like; we will behave in a way that’s more socially acceptable and respectful, but the policy will be written in such a way as to protect us in the most broad terms possible - i.e. we’ll ask even though we don’t have to (according to the policy). That way if someone comes later and says “I never gave permission”, the policy is written in such a way as to not require it in the first place.

I wish everyone played nice all the time forever, but that’s not reality unfortunately.

6 Likes

Not that I would ever assume the contrary, but would you consider adding a warrant canary to the tos?

1 Like

Dumb question, does that also applies to “private” messages or publicly posted content only?

I probably wont mind image being posted, but i dont want personal info posted 
 This is as close as a social network i engage in :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Updated

3 Likes

Not a dumb question
 I never even considered DMs as these are considered private and unless I wanted it dig into the database or something like that, I don’t even have access to them normally. I’ll consider updating to say “posted on the forum in a thread that is not a direct message” or something like that. That way restricted categories like dt club are still included even though it’s not necessarily “public”.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification :+1:

1 Like

Would adding the language of “we will attempt to ask permission ahead of time when possible, using this only to protect ourselves after the fact if dispute develops” or something along those lines

I understand policy but usually appreciate when intention is spelled out in the wording

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/Sepia317/status/1770042593960685826

How many of you would like to wear something like this? I’d probably have no desire to take it off
 Now I need to 3D print a helmet and some gloves.

2 Likes