Purewrist prepaid payment card in USA

I worry about this since I have a xM1 in L1 and my flex in L4.5

Just double checking, which orientation should the flex be in comparison to a x series?

Is long ways the same?

For reading you would want an x-series crossing the reader antenna with the long axis perpendicular. For the narrow flex you want it in line with the edge of the antenna, with the long axis parallel.

Flex should be parallel?
Hmm

:sweat_smile:

SHOULD, but not necessarily the case, for me anyway.

Iā€™m pretty proud to proclaim I do plenty of perfect problem free prompt payments with a perpendicular presentation in position 4.5 with palm :raised_hand: pointed toward my person.

:raised_hand: :credit_card:

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Damn foiled again by verifone

Interesting thought occurred to me,

What if law enforcement demanded proof that its ā€œyourā€ credit card, more or less accusing you or somehow cloning a cardā€¦ which we know is near impossible but they donā€™t

Not like thereā€™s a name or easy to get card numbers to confirm to the app

One option may be a reader or app designed to show the info off of the card, various apps already exist for scanning the nfc data off of credit cards, then at least you can get the name and number, assuming that the purewrist is formatted similarly to a regular card.

I wonā€™t recommend any specific app because I canā€™t speak for the security of them, and obviously scanning your payment info into random apps is a risk you should probably assess before attempting, but if you can find one you trust, it could be an option

Obviously itā€™s not as secure ā€œproofā€ as a physical card, but at least the info could be shown to be tied to you

I highly doubt they would do that, since finding proof of credit card fraud is left to the banks. The way the system is built, even if you could spoof a card the money still has to come from somewhere so itā€™s the bankā€™s responsibility to verify that all money being spent is by the legitimate owner of an account. They have this pretty well handled, so the police arenā€™t really involved until the evidence has been gathered.

You do have access to the genuine card details on your Purewrist app or the website. You can just show the card number on the receipt and the last four of your card number on the app and say ā€œsee itā€™s realā€ and walk away.

1 Like

He installed some of my x series and I have had him in mind to ask to install a flex. Really awesome to know heā€™s comfortable with it!!

Foiled yet again by a verifone,

This time weirdly just running the field detectors around somehow triggered an error and locked it up

Sigh

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me! Maybe Iā€™ll take this apart tomorrow and we can have a look at the coil.

2 Likes

Does purewrist work on machihes that say Mastercard paypass? I tried a few and canā€™t get it to work. Iā€™m going to try some other devices today but I want to make sure the thing works before I install it.

In theory they should work but it may take some getting used to positioning them correctly. Each machine model is slightly different of course.

I will keep trying. I tried on 4 vending machines and 2 gas stationsā€¦ no luck yetā€¦ seems to be my luck with the flex products. Going to go try it again in a few minutes

Thank you amal!! Itā€™s all about placement as you said omg Iā€™m soo happy it worked!!

7 Likes

I have one last question before I install my implant. What side is up and what side is down? Does the all white smooth part go up and the part I can see the black chip go down?

It doesnā€™t matter one bit, but chip side down if ya nastyā€¦

tenor

2 Likes

I did it with chip down lol ā€¦ I have a question has anyone been able to get toast tap nfc reader to work with purewrist. I was at a shop today and never seem a toast tap and I tried it and could not get it to go.

Next time you go back, take your xFD :xfd: with you

Try and find the antenna perimeter, which will be perpendicular with the xFD, then try you Purewrist laying parallel with the antenna.

(does that make sense to you?)

So I ran into this guy last night,
The gas station claimed the contactless was working, and there was an occasional 1 of four green leds thatā€™s standardized blink

But god, no readā€¦ not even with my phone broadcasting nfc payment

It looks cool I suppose, but talking with the clerkā€¦ I told him as nice as they look I bet they donā€™t make it more than 3 months before someone rage smashes one