Purewrist prepaid payment card in USA

A good place to put this image

2 Likes

Running out for food, hand is still fairly swollen but might swing by a gas station to give it a shotā€¦

2 Likes

No dice but it was a quick strafing run

@Eriequiet great job :+1:t2: Any pain ?

Currently nope,

Was a pretty good poke until it broke the skin
Then getting the chip in had a few fairly sharp feelings but over all it was done in 5-10 minutes

First scan success

I just need some time with one of those black glass touch screen readers to find its sweet spot

3 Likes

Works like a charm now on these vending machines,

I need to play with more readersā€¦MOAR

5 Likes

i just had toā€¦ too much good content being postedā€¦

10 Likes

I was planning to post more lol but excellent video

Iā€™m part of a thing yay

2 Likes

Well that one flat terminal there fairly common is giving me issues

I need to figure out how to arrange some time with one and a field detector

Edit
This one

I think I saw a video on that one and the sweet spot was an awkward bit at the top edge. Maybe give that a try?

This looks like the machines at Meijer. You may be able to get some alone time on a self checkout line so you donā€™t feel pressured.

I work at 2 retail stores that use them. My experience is that my next reads (and errors out due to not being a payment card) when I place it perpendicular to the top edge and slowly drag downward onto the screen.

1 Like

Right there is the sweet spot for an x series

2 Likes

Totally forgot I should have been taking vitamins during recovery, oops

@MTFT , any chance your willing to video using a field detector?

Sure, I can do that this weekend (maybe)

Got a little quality time with a reader at a gas station, clerk was super nice and friendly so she let me play for a few minutes

Found the sweet spot, but still no reads

I did get one ā€œread errorā€ so getting closer

Only a week old so I probably have some swelling still

@Eriequiet
Those Verifone MX915 are a real pain. I figured them out though. Hereā€™s some good positioning options:

It helps to basically put the tag against the screen slightly in from the edge, then slowly move it outward keeping it parallel with the screen edge. It helps to have a diagnostic card handy the first few times to figure out exactly when the field is on, because if you get a misread from fumbling around the clerk often has to back out a step in the POS and re-initiate the payment. Also the field shuts off automatically after about 30 seconds so if youā€™re trying too long youā€™re wasting your time.

I really need to put that montage video up of all the reads Iā€™ve done over the last few months. Of all the readers Iā€™ve tried that Verifone model is the second worst (first being ingenico) and theyā€™re ubiquitous around here. Iā€™m going to buy a second hand one and take it apart and examine the antenna. May even be able to trick the controller into trying to read without an expensive base station so I can test the field shape.

I also sometimes get an error that says to only present one card, which I thought was due to my flexDF but now Iā€™m not so sure. Payment terminals are really dumb devices considering how important they are for our day to day operations.

2 Likes

I have also had issues with a few verifone terminals, but was at a CVS today and they had kindly solved the problem for me! I wonder how much those costā€¦ might buy them for my favorite cafe that I canā€™t pay at :laughing:

2 Likes

I get this error as well. I really donā€™t think itā€™s picking up my XSIID way on the other side of my hand (I wish range was that good!) so I think it might be due to weak signal or just a partial read?

1 Like