Representation of Implants in Media

If they had been I think the results would have been even stranger.

1 Like

83% of poll figures are made up.

2 Likes

Bingo

Totally agree on that one, whatā€™s the problem? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The problem is the marriage bit :slight_smile:

Like a French comedian whose name escapes me once said: the problem with your wife is, sheā€™s there when you feel in love, and you feel horny, and you want her around. But sheā€™s also there when you donā€™t :slight_smile:

And also, another French comedian, Sasha Guitry, famously said: marriage is the art of solving together problems that you would never have alone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

True that :smile:
Althoughā€¦

If she ā€œsubmits herself graciouslyā€, just tell her to give you some space :wink:

1 Like

I think you possibly arenā€™t the most impartial person on this subject :wink:

You might be right :wink:
And of course, Iā€™m just kidding - true submission is only possible if itā€™s by choice, and not because society forces you to.

1 Like

92% of people agree with this.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The antiā€‹:no_entry_sign:-derailmentā€‹:railway_car: & threadā€‹:thread: hijackingā€‹:gun: threadā€‹:thread: :interrobang:

:exclamation: donā€™t forget to scan for malware :exclamation:

And use an adblocker

1 Like

Is it me or they are showing us in a bad light?

Sure, idiots exist but what they were showing was a bit extreme. Provided I didnā€™t watch the whole episode but I dislike watching something Iā€™m passionate about being portrayed as something that only irresponsible teenagers would doā€¦ Especially when itā€™s possible to do it safely and if you hang out anywhere near this community, you will get a lot of safety advice.

to me they show 1 guy, his mum and 2 docs in a bad light

4 Likes

:left_speech_bubble:
ā€œHe started hanging out with these idiot biohackersā€
:speech_balloon:

Sounds pretty accurate to me. :wink:

To me it shows four bad actors

As its based off a Korean medical drama, I wonder if they also used the same story line :thinking:
Apparently, there is a Japanese, Turkish and Hong Kong version of the TV show alsoā€¦

to stay on topic
series: The good doctor, season 5 episode 13 ā€œGrowing painsā€
is about a 17 year old implanting himself with magnets and blinkie.

letā€™s revive this thread because I think Iā€™m going to start picking these apart as part of a youtube video series!

13 Likes

That sounds like a great ideaā€¦ and then we can drop links to the videos when we see myths being regurgitatedā€¦ more dt views and easy correction

5 Likes

Donā€™t forget about the antirejection medication myth from Deus Ex Human Revolution. Iā€™ve been asked a once or twice if implants require you to take something to keep them from rejecting, as portrayed in that particular game.

1 Like

Wtf weā€™re not implanting pig hearts over here

3 Likes

Can we?

1 Like