Safe alternative to xGLO?

I was browsing the internet and I discovered this pigment it’s non toxic and is charged by both light and most interestingly HEAT… it also apparently stays charged for up to 12 hours.

It’s usually used as a paint or resin pigment but I reckon it would work in an implant and might not even need light to charge it because of body heat…

I wish DT had the bandwidth for custom implants because I would gladly test this kind of thing on myself.

3 Likes

I found these,

IMG_2096_1483588302911_8a6b01f2-0b82-4fb0-9ec4-20b83fb64335_480x480

4 Likes

A link would help.

I got led down a hole looking for a diamond coated magnet. I also like the idea of a glowing implant, and I like stars. I am considering putting three in my wrist where the skin is thin and you can see the veins ya know?

2 Likes

There is always firefly implants if you ar ballsy

2 Likes

Overall this looks like your basic glow powder… I’ve used various types in prototypes and it’s just not impressive. It says “12 hours” but honestly you get 10 minutes of decent light, then 11.8 hours of a super dim useless glow that is typically weaker than the tritium in the xGLO.

probably requires more heat than your tissues could handle to create an effective charge… usually “heat” is a laymen’s term for infrared… or basically so damn hot it’s glowing in the IR spectrum. Even the “heat” icon on the product page is literally fire.

If someone wanted to send me some of this green LIT powder and superbase I would make some test batches and mess around with it… if the paint itself did an ok job on the bench, then I would consider making some prototype implants… if you’re interested DM me and I’ll send my shipping address :wink:

4 Likes

Cassox (fam biohacker) tried this. It wasn’t great. Some success though… just no consistency.

2 Likes

It was his post on a different site that led me to hoping I could be the 7th. I gave up after reading a bunch more and seeing the big issues with heat and such. I have just been trying to learn more, so just reading about things that tug on the ol brain.

Edit to quit my derailing habit.

DMing you now :sweat_smile:

The demo I saw was heat rising from a cup of coffee but yeah I would be surprised if it did much. I was hoping it might at least help it retain charge but idk.

3 Likes

Strange things made a UHF tag at one point, potentially others, might be worth checking out, it’s good content eaither way.

1 Like

I should be able to chip in if needed, I very interested in helping you test.

1 Like

Speaking of Cassox, you should see what they’re prototyping with encapsulated NFC LEDs surrounded by Europium doped glow powder. Results look good. Strength is that the light used to share it doesn’t have to pass through the skin and encapsulant to get to the glow powder, it’s in the implant with it

EDIT: added pic

7 Likes

It’s just plain old phosphorescent pigment - probably strontium aluminate-based. It needs light to charge up - which doesn’t easily penetrate the skin, and if activated by heat, it needs to cool down to emit photons (you need a temperature gradient at some point - thermodynamics is a bitch :slight_smile:)

1 Like

I was looking at those last night also, just afraid to see how much one of those prototypes cost. I couldn’t find that website today.

What if you mixed that powder into resin and put it around the led, and coated that? Is it possible to have a dual ended led implant?

1 Like

Are you suggesting that they are using the dark magic of Marketing talk? :flushed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It’s possible you could just coat the inside of the vial, but I don’t really have a clue how they make them.

1 Like

I find this interesting… might experiment with this a bit once I get the bench space…

4 Likes

Sent you a PM by the way :grin: have the super base and 500g of the pigment in my cart ready for you kind sir.

3 Likes

Offer still stands! I will chip in if ya want!

4 Likes

chip… haha :slight_smile: … basically at this point i’m just going to play around with the powder and resins… still a ways off from making anything implantable… but if / when the time comes I will post it to the Product Announcements category fo shizzle.

4 Likes