Safe alternative to xGLO?

gimme rat

8 Likes

I kind of really want to see what would happen if you used glow powder mixed with the normal resin to fill the voids in an xLED so you could charge it with RF inside of you, since I feel like charging the glow powder is going to be the biggest challenge of getting it to work. Maybe even use a UV LED in it since I believe UV light tends to make the brightest glow from the powders.

Edit: I’m dumb and just realized that’s exactly what Cassox was doing XD

If the powder is harmless enough, wouldn’t a phosphorescent tattoo ink be a better proposition? And gee, tattoos are implants too - very small pigments implanted in large numbers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kinda wish you had not posted that lol

:sweat_smile:

Looking into the composition of tattoo ink just made my future tattoos much harder :expressionless: the strange junk they put into them…

1 Like

Tattoos fade and change shape after time. I feel it would be easier to pop out an implant and put a new one.

giphy (1)
related post

3 Likes

Which goes double for the phosphorescent tattoos. From what I’ve heard they only last about a year.

1 Like

7 Likes

That’s lit af!

Hope it results in something cool, or at least you have fun messing with it!

1 Like

the instructions are vague… 2.5 “parts” powder to 1 “part” water… is this by weight or volume fellas? One might assume it’s by volume, and that would probably be a safe bet… but people in the UK bake by weight (500grams) and we bake by weight (1 cup). I guess I could have a gander at their website again…

1 Like

basic initial testing looks good :wink:

7 Likes

giphy-2

5 Likes

artists man… artists… just had to send this email;

Hi there,

The instructions on the bag say 2.5 parts powder to 1 part water, then stir into superbase… a couple questions;

1. Is that 2.5 parts + 1 part by volume or weight?

2. Do you know exactly how much pigment superbase will take on to reach maximum saturation?

In short I would like to see something more akin to a recipe like this;

• mix 2.5 parts LIT with 1 part water (by volume)
  • mix 1 part LIT paste with 1 part superbase

I am going for maximum density of LIT powder.

7 Likes

I had a student digital artist go off at me once because my phone background was an art I hadn’t payed for, think it had a water mark under my clock widget…
They shut up and looked rather embarrassed when I asked how could they could afford the Adobe suite with no job :laughing:

Was quite amusing

6 Likes

This is fun… but when I opened the bag of LIT powder on my desk, I may have been a little over excited… I now have LIT dust all over my computer desk… should have been doing this on the bench… feelin like a radium girl.

7 Likes

That looks really good!

Hopefully looking like a radium girl, not feeling like one, as I understand it radiation poisoning isn’t fun…

2 Likes

ok so to speed things up i used a UV cure bioresin instead of superbase… so the UV cure process basically doped the hell out of these things with light. For a good actual test I am going to set up a small dark room and “charge” these two test units with 5 seconds of NFC power, then see how visible they are over the course of 0s, 30s, 1m, 5m, and 30m.

3 Likes

haha they didn’t look all that good once they started getting ill… jaw bones teeth falling out, disintegrating, skin tearing easily and not healing… goddamn… the man behind the company responsible didn’t get fully shut down until 1970s!! fucking hell sorry ladies :frowning:

2 Likes

I’d also be curious to see if body heat has any effect on them. Maybe holding one tightly until it reaches body temp.

Fair point…

Yeah… Not a great chapter in watch making history.

2 Likes

Ooh glowy things, I’ll be curious to see how well they work

1 Like