Safe alternative to xGLO?

I really don’t think so… but it will be an interesting test to see at what point heat does make a difference. Probably “well done” temperatures will be necessary, if it works at all.

2 Likes

It’s a marketing vid so take it with a pinch of salt… but it activated quite quickly with the heat rising from a cup of tea. Video link.

2 Likes

Unless you make your hand super cold or hot, wouldn’t you need a temperature difference to make a difference?

I am thinking you go lay on a beach, or use an Ice cube to make it cold, but it would eventually have its average temperature. I am not sure how glowy lit powder works.

Either way, this bad boy will be going where the mark of the beast goes.

You’re thinking of TEG where the conveyance of heat energy through dissimilar materials like a peltier junction induces electrons to migrate. In this case, heat energy (long wavelength energy) would presumably be up-converted to light output (short wavelength energy), though at a reduced efficiency.

2 Likes

Just a fun side experiment… figured the LIT powder would be an easy way to test the effectiveness of my UV filtering safety glasses - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqiLHd1ScIY

6 Likes

I can report that after yesterday’s experiment I put the two samples into a dark box under a cupboard, and this morning I went into a dark room and opened the box and the two samples still had a very faint glow. I’m now frantically looking through moving boxes to find a tritium vial so I can put it next to them and get an idea of just how much “glow” the LIT powder has after so many hours.

4 Likes

Watching this thread is comparable to being a kid, and watching another kid play with the toys you wanted to play with.

We just want you to share…

lol he has had it for what 12hrs? The progress is damn impressive :smiley:

So fucking excited
giphy (3)

4 Likes

I agree!

source

3 Likes

First comparison shot with LIT powder after 10ish hours… 12 hours… something like that. You can see they are still glowing but not nearly as brightly as the tritium vials.

Charging them for 5-7 seconds…

Immediately after charging…

About 10 seconds to get to the dark room…

After about a minute…

After about 5 minutes, the luminescence is slightly less than tritium, which is hard to see in the photo but easy to see with the naked eye.

6 Likes

Given it is not deadly that seems pretty decent… :smiley: :smiley:

It’s strange how appealing a the xGLO would be if it was available… I think I just like the idea of being “radioactive generator” in my arm :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was never interested in one at all, until I saw the blue ones.

2 Likes

So this is about an hour later…

but… the above picture was taken using “Night Sight” on Android, which skews reality a bit… so the following picture more closely resembles how it looks to the naked eye… so basically it’s super dark compared to the tritium.

CONCLUSION

• Project seems viable as a product

• 5 seconds of charging is a good balance between the annoyance of holding a phone or reader to the implant, and light output.

• The device will need a chip as well as an LED to ensure the LED remains solidly lit when being charged by smartphone.

• Effective light output greater than tritium lasts about 30 seconds, with comparable output up to 120 seconds.

5 Likes

I look forward to see what you come up with!

Glad it worked out. Do you think you will make a flex one like your test sample? That would be epic!

1 Like

Yeah this would be the idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well in that case I have a bright idea!

I think I will get a light bulb outline tattoo and put the implant under it :smiley:

5 Likes

I would be willing to buy this,

If you want to experiment with these also, I will buy them and have it shipped to you.

The Aqua color is appealing to me. It is also the second brightest.

The other colors could be used if you want to trial them also, like a light up rainbow.

3 Likes

I have those from Nuclear Scientific and already offered them to him. He didn’t want to bother with the other colors cause there’s very little chance they’ll be bright enough to make it through the skin, and I agree. I’ve done extensive testing.

3 Likes

Perfect, I must have missed it. I just wasn’t sure, so I figured I would look.

I came across an old thread about using that IN tattoos and it made me think it this.

1 Like

What if we take an implant and use its coil to heat up the powder. Like an electric cooker. Tell me if this has some kind of flaw.

1 Like