Safe alternative to xGLO?

You mean inside of the glass capsule?

Yep, if you just put it in the sun for the day or so, how much does it glow by night?
I thought it might be similar to my silicone implants, just with an added LED to charge it, so to say :wink:

Well i think it reaches full brightness after a few seconds of exposure. i was not able to see any brightness increase after 20 seconds.

the nice bright glow only holds a few minutes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Okay, thanks! (btw, very cool music in the background :wink: )
It’s actually pretty bright, compared to my implants - if only charged by daylight (no UV lamp or such), their glow is only visible in a really dark room, just closing the curtains won’t suffice. Okay, there’s still the skin and all that…
But this is definitely a very interesting thing… :star_struck:

4 Likes

have you seen Version 3?

[This text will be hidden]
also this vid is really satisfying (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Be3OsyE5Dw)

10 Likes

:0 have you perfected them enough to implant ? Jw

no, not really :sweat_smile:

I would like to have one implanted in me for about six months, but the progress has been slow.

1 Like

Not yet, but this looks really nice! Very bright, and the afterglow is pretty bright as well - but I guess implanting it would still be a slightly reckless task? :wink:

Not really. If the glass is sealed properly, the risk isn’t that significant. However, manufacturing a single one takes me many working hours, and I’ve messed up the seal on all the ones I’ve tried. The issue ultimately came down to the resin I used, as it released gases when heated up.

There’s still so much work to do, but be assured, I will post a picture here once I’ve successfully implanted one.

2 Likes

Have you considered a colaboration with Amal?

He would have the knowledge, experience and contacts in the trade to get it finalised for you, plus a platform with which to sell them…

I’ll take one for each finger i have left.

Yes, but before I even consider moving forward with something like that, the devices need to be ready and functional. One step at a time! :smiley:

2 Likes

Range is super good, glow isnt that impressive (it was implanted like 1h ago so idk how it will look when healed)

First scan ~40 min after implantation

7 Likes

I glued a tritium implant to my hand so that the brightness could be compared. Each image was taken one second apart.

Images

5 Likes

Performance should improve over time as blood clears. Could take weeks for maximum efficacy.

3 Likes

For a freshly done implant, I think the glow is really good! Give it some time, but I think that’s a really good idea to build up on… :wink:

2 Likes

10 Likes

Last I’d heard the seals weren’t working right.

Now it’s implanted.
Way to go!!

Yea, seals work now.

8 Likes