Safety Advisory - xG3 v1

I stand corrected!

4 Likes

So back to my original question - do you feel like recouping a bit of cost and selling me an xg3 v1 kit for non implant reasons at krazy Amal saleorama pricing? I’ll check the box that says “I promise”

1 Like

I’ll just send you one … DM me your address

2 Likes

Hey just wanted to know should I have my v1 taken out a sent back to you ??? I got it bout half a year ago or so but I don’t want it to break I always play with it

1 Like

The decision is totally up to you. We are not recalling the xG3 v1 at this time, but we felt it important to stop selling more of them and make the information we had available so you can make an informed decision.

If you would like to remove it and send it back to us we will gladly send you a V2.

7 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Diagnostic cards & Field detector chat

Does the xG3 v2 have any sensing? On the product page it says “not so great for sensing” but does that mean it has none at all, or is it just weaker? If so, by how much?

Given that the xG3 v1 is no longer available, and the Titan is out of stock, is this my only option for sensing?

Weaker. Any magnet will move within a field what makes a difference is the shape and weight of the implant. In this instance you will feel only very strong fields like a microwave from a couple centimeters. Whereas a Titan is sensitive to a wider range of frequencies and amplitudes.
Install location also matter.
I wrote a book with all the answers you could ever want btw :grin:

4 Likes

Have you no shame, peddling your wares on the forum :rofl:

I have lost count, the number of Times I have plugged your eBook,

I’m like your very own Shill.

I haven’t even read it, it could be complete shite :wink:

Oh, well, heres another plug

2 Likes

It’s a single blank page with a comic sans “42” in the middle, not even centered.

Honestly it’s a few years old now and although the things in it are still perfectly relevant there’s a lot I’ve learned and discovered since that I’d like too add. At some point I will update it but it’s a lot of work…

6 Likes

I get the “dumb people doing dumb things” …

I’m definitely in for 1 (or 2 :yum:) keychain or loose … I’d love to have some to play with and show people what it looks like :+1:

2 Likes

You know what? I’ve put this off for too many years, I’m gonna get the xG3 v2. Thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Well it happened. I pulled back the loose magnet and let it go and the cap just popped right off this one… pulled the magnet inside right out. The epoxy was probably shaken loose with the previous 50 or 100 hits prior to this one. I was kind of shocked but ultimately expected this in the end. Still, I’m impressed with the resilience.

14 Likes

@amal thanks for arranging the replacement for my V1. What was on hand for some time is now IN hand!

I ended up giving the whole (edit: V1 kit) to my installer so she can make a nice wall display out of it in her studio.

4 Likes

pics when done plz :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Has there been any reports of the v2 failing in a similar fashion?

FYI
That was just under 2 months ago

4 Likes

Although the v1 has been around longer than the relatively recent v2 so the comparison is not statistically perfect :wink: presumably there haven been mayny more v1’s around for longer

1 Like

We’ve had a ton of people requesting the xG3 v1 even though there is a safety advisory about it, so I’m putting a poll to the community. Do you think we should offer the xG3 v1 on the store again with a big red warning pointing to this advisory thread, or do you think we made the right call taking it off the store?

Selling the xG3 v1
  • Let people make their own decisions
  • Taking it off the store was the right call

0 voters

1 Like

I appreciate your commitment to safety.

I would offer it at a discount but without injector. That way you can explicitly state that since it has concern of failure you don’t want to risk contributing to customer upset? That way if they want it implanted they could still do it via installer

3 Likes