Show off your Magnets! šŸ§² TiTAN + xG3 v1 + v2 Gallery

Itā€™s a custom flexnext

I do have some electromagnets at home for very secret projects bot not that big :sweat_smile:

Yes, the electronics are dead but it has some wild glow :star2:

1 Like

I agree, it looks awesome!

Thatā€™s both surprising and tempting at the same time.

5 Likes

:tornado::face_with_spiral_eyes:

4 Likes

I was cleaning out my Google photos and came across this video from March 2022. Iā€™m pretty sure I never posted it here. Found a magnetic stirrer in an abandoned area of a mill I was working in and knew what I had to do. Thatā€™s an xG3v1 in my left hand middle finger.

3 Likes

Oh my lordyā€¦ is it doing full revolutions?

No, itā€™s moving back and forth like a seesaw.

it felt like its going to rip the magnet out

6 Likes

AWWWWW, I didnā€™t even know that was a thingā€¦
I feel like I am missing out!

Is there a secret handshake?

giphy (10)

Are you in a social bowling league?

Is there a club motto?

3 Likes

its not nearly as cool of a secret handshake as the blinky winky club

5 Likes

Less a handshake and more of a greeting :slight_smile:

5 Likes

good-point-matt

4 Likes

IMG_0039

As a long standing member, even all hands on deck meetings are sparse. We need to allocate more budget to recruitingā€¦

3 Likes

phrasing-hey

4 Likes

We dont even have a icon/emogi react thingy :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Forgive me for the dumb question but donā€™t strong magnets reduce the life of the implants considerably or am I mistaken?

Video looks cool though!

No, magnets only temporarily reduce performance as they magnetize the ferrite core used in the antennas of x-series implants. But, as the magnetic bias fades, full performance returns.

1 Like

Oh awesome thanks!

Rereading my message I realized that it was worded poorly, what I meant to ask is will exposing an implanted magnet to a much stronger magnet not weaken the implanted one?

Oh I seeā€¦ well there is a difference between practical changes vs absolute changes. Magnets do lose strength for a number of reasons, including extreme heat, physical impacts (literal jostling of atomic alignment), and exposure to opposing fields (N to N or S to S).

However, those losses are imperceptible for an implant because you canā€™t heat it to dangerous levels without burning your tissue, you canā€™t smash it hard enough to cause detectable losses without destroying your surrounding tissue, and you canā€™t expose it to a strong enough opposing field without causing it to flip over to the opposite pole and rip out of your tissue.

Fun!

6 Likes

Lol thatā€™s awsome! Thank you for taking the time to explain!

3 Likes

Reason for this placement aboveā€¦

Comes in handy when doing things like updating from where on your 3-D printer!

2 Likes