So are you guys excited for Cyberpunk2077?

You just made me shiver

1 Like

Well dang… looks like you made the superior choice. This game was heavily over promised.

2 Likes

I have been playing it for hours already on Stadia , no bugs yet , fingers crossed !

1 Like

This = Cyberpunk or No Man’s Sky?

Super overhyped but I’m really enjoying it. Only a few bugs/unoptimized bits. And only one game stoping bug (I left a building before the npc I needed to talk to and it wouldn’t let me back in to progress) but only needed to replay the mission to fix it.

Definitely think it will be a no man’s sky deal with it being great when things are fixed, I just hope it doesn’t follow the obscurity of NMS by the time it’s fixed

I’m playing on a regular PS4, I’ve only come across one noticeable bug and one game crash. Other than that it’s fine.

But, that’s not my issue.

Outside of the main story, there’s nothing to explore in the “open world”. I can’t interact with anything else in an entertaining way. The NPC “AI” is hardly even that. Doesn’t feel immersive.

Can’t customize my character at all after I start the game. Can’t even get a tattoo or haircut? In a game where one of the major plot points is body augmentation?!

Can’t even call this game an RPG, it’s an action-adventure game. A kinda good action-adventure game… that was almost a decade in development.

But as an RPG? What it was marketed as? No. It’s trash as an RPG if it can even be called that.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying the game a ton, but jeez. So much I can’t do.

And what is up with the NCPD??? :sweat::sweat:

It is times like these, that I am glad I am a patient gamer.

Budgetary restrictions have traditionally limited me to buying the “game of the year” edition like 5 years after the game and all DLC bundled together have hit the gamestop used games shelves for like $20… I’ve never been bothered buying games well after they’ve been abandoned by everyone else… I just started playing skyrim elder scrolls GOTY edition with all DLC and it cost my $19 hah

1 Like

9 Likes

Seeing all the complaints about it made me look up Fallout 76. Not sure when/if companies will go back to focusing on single player games.

Sure, online play is fun, but so is a story I can get lost in alone for days.

I also recently bought skyrim for my switch. Between that, and Zelda BOTW, I have a few years.

1 Like

The moment I heard Fallout 76 was multiplayer only, I knew I’d never play it. I still jump into Fallout 3 or NV on occasion just to wander around and pick fights with Deathclaws.

Think I’m gonna wait on Cyberpunk2077, just to see how it shakes out before I plunk down 60 bucks. Mostly cause I’m still disappointed in my Fallout 4 purchase. A beautiful game with a dreadful storyline and so so many missed opportunites.

2 Likes

The cool and edginess of it makes me not wanna play it. Think I’ll continue with some other games and come back to 2077 in a few months.

This was a surprise to me, but since multiplayer is coming at some point, I would expect you can customize for that so… I’d expect them to add that in. Maybe? Especially since people are complaining about it a lot. Weird choice though.

Get mods! 1000% times better :slight_smile: Skyrim was one of the first titles I bought for VR and holy shit was it good in VR. I think I spent the most time in that game in VR than I did with the pancake version way back when.

Being low income I typically do the same as you. The rate at which games go on sale these days is insane, too.

2 Likes

Is that how a flat screen display is called? I like it :slight_smile:
I learned something new today.

That’s what I love about Skyrim (and, even more, Morrowind :black_heart: ) - you can basically mod it in any way you like, and so, both games are still very playable lots of years after their initial release.

Must say though, Skyrim is more of a good, “classical” game, while Morrowind just throws you into a strange world without explanation and lets you do what you want. I loved the fact that I could just kill my main questgivers, if I wanted to :smile:

2 Likes

I want more of this for the next one. I’m sure we won’t get it but ugh, Morrowind was peak Elder Scrolls. I don’t think they’ll ever do better, honestly.

3 Likes

Problem is, most of today’s players don’t want something like that - too complicated, not “polished” and streamlined enough, tons of text to read, no clear, more-or-less linear path to follow. I loved it (one of my all-time favourite games), but I rarely met people < 30 years old who had any interest in Morrowind.
Even worse with Planescape: Torment - one of the best stories of all times, imho, and then i recommend it to some friends, and all they say is something like “nah, too much to read, and it’s so slow…”. Sigh.

1 Like

I’m one of those! Love Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. Flavor text is where it’s at if you want a truly immersive RPG. I think the other young’uns you’re referencing have never played a good tabletop RP either.

Have any of you played Morrowblivion? My partner got it all set up a few months ago and it’s great. Oblivion graphics in Morrowind with adjustable Morrowind mechanics and you can take the same character seamlessly into Oblivion at will.

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Also almost the same can be said about Morrowind. Which was:

1 Like
5 Likes

Looks like holding off might of been the right call. Seems like it’s getting a lot of flack for being buggy. As much as I hate pushing the delivery dates out on this kind of thing, they probably should have, and endured the howling rather than tick off the customers.