Im 20 jears old, live in Germany.
I got into biohacking some months ago because a friend of mine had a magnet implanted.
First I thought it was a very dumb idea, then I spent quite some time on this great forum and now I want an Implant myself lol
No magnet sadly, because I’m apprenticing as a blacksmith and probably steel dust and needle like splinters would be really annoying^^
My housing association recently installed an RFID access control system, I can get to the garbage cans, into the house and into the basement where I keep my bike all with one fob, love it.
I asked them what chips they were using- they use MIFARE DESFire 4k ev2 chips and a EM4200 for the trashcans (but they work with my DF2 fob, too)
I also asked if they would enroll my chip into their system, they looked at the datasheet and said yes, I’m not sure how well informed this answer is though.
I read this, will try it like amal suggested. I think they will try, too, at least I possess 11 shares of the association
So, I looked out, and found the xDF2.
First thing: I can only use that one with my access control system, can’t I? Because for most other applications a NExT seems to be more suitable and it’s also much more common.
Other applications I’d like to have in the future:
- Bike lock. I’d love to build one and open source it, I just have no idea of this whole topic sadly, until now I am more of a hardware- guy, wood and steel, welding and drilling. So this is for future and I have much to reseach until then.
- giving my number (or other silly stuff like my favourite meme or recipe) to people
This point makes me questioning if I’d rather take a flex implant, If I meet a girl and want to give her my number it would really suck if I had to search for the antenna first haha
But I think I prefer the easy installation, also I trust glass more than some polymeres… Or do you think a flex is preferable for one who works with his hands daily?
- login applications. like, using it as a 2nd factor or even standalone password to my password manager, unlocking maybe my phone and definitely my computer.
At the moment my phone isn’t even NFC compliant, so I think well in the future here, hope it lasts another 2-3 jears…
- I don’t know what the future brings. Maybe payments, maybe cool stuff with Javacard applications, but by now I don’t even know what that is and don’t know if I will ever really do. Just read about emulating other chips and found it a great idea if possible.
As far as I understood, those things would be possible with xDF2, is that true?
Don’t want to self -install, due to Covid pandemic the bodymod studio I was hoping to do the implant it around cristmas is closed until further notice. Now thinking of easter might be a good time for implantation- we’ll see. I just want a week or so between implantation and the next time I have to work, also its a 3 hour train ride to the studio.
Now, that I have a lot of homealone- time and don’t know when I can get my implant, I think it’d be great having some further research and experimentation, so I want to get reader, cards and maybe a book or so? and just play around.
- As far as I understood, a proxmark3 easy is the thing I need and would also be good enough for my applications. I am a bit scared of all the getting-it-to-work-struggles and possible bricking I heard of, but hey, I love open source and am willing to learn.
Question: Can I also use my PM3 easy as PC unlock reader? Couldn’t find out that easy thing
Otherwise I found this one, just not sure if I could build it DF2-compliant, because it’s specifically designed for a xNT implant
I would like to have just one implant, maybe an additional xLED (because its cool), but not 5 or so.
Sorry for that long post, it helped to structure my thoughts and I hope you can help me with the strong typed Questions
I’d have researched longer on my own, but my father wants to buy my cristmas presents and is pressuring
Thanks so much, you are a really great community I think <3