SURVEY Multi-purpose xSeries implant!

tenor (66)

FYI
@koteeq is our insider on the Flipper Zero project.

Flipper Zero - Kickstarter RFID/RF/BLE/USB/IR

1 Like

I knowā€¦ there are a couple of threads with suggestions that an X series M1/T5577 would be possible, but problematicā€¦

Nice to know!!
I wouldā€™ve offered myself there as well if this were happening another year. =/

Looking forward to receiving mine to play with, though#! XD

Now that the FlexMN is a thing maybe that would be a decent choice for a new x series. I could see it being a NExT 2.0

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing that one issue would be the size of the chipā€¦ from the photos itā€™s definitely not a small chip. Since itā€™s a rare ā€˜magicā€™ chip type, itā€™s not cheap, and thereā€™s also not many suppliers. It may not be physically possible at this point in time to have all of those features on a small enough die / wafer.

IIRC thatā€™s one reason that thereā€™s not a mifare M1 magic gen 2 xSeries implant, nor a xDF EV1.

:crossed_fingers: that it is possible though! Itā€™d be an extremely powerful implant potentially.

Correct. I can only get the chip in a COB package at this point. Flex only.

A good time to remind people there is only a few days left to order the first campaign of the FlexMN

CAMPAIGN STATS
Backers: 6
Ends: January 4, 2021
The campaign will end in 3 days, 5 hours, 37 minutes, 34 seconds

1 Like

Yep!!

Iā€™m just waiting to see if the keyhole approach would be doable as a custom before deciding how/when to back it. :yum:

1 Like

tenor

Because why not?

Link to top post /Poll

But I think I would rather have a flexMTā€¦

Indeed, the performance of the FlexMT is OUTSTANDING, I know Because I had one, but didnā€™t install it. I did some testing with it, and I was totally blown-away

Personally, I didnā€™t want to go ā€œback of the handā€, so looked at doing my ā€œwatchā€ area, but I felt my wrists were just too small.

An xSeries is a compromise in performance/range, but for me, itā€™s a huge plus in convenience of install.

100% anybody that wants that extra read range I would say get a FlexMT, you wonā€™t regret it.

The T5577 and the M1 is a great duo for public access IMO.

1 Like