The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I try not to shit on the users in that thread, but I do think a certain level of mocking isnt shitting on them but constructive almost

Kind of a, ā€œwhat your saying is so out there Iā€™m going to mock it a bit, and hope it maybe causes a rethinkā€

The latest back and forth user is something else, Iā€™m genuinely not sure what to makeā€¦ either swirling the drain of psychosis, intermittent drug use, bi polar?,

Not going to lie, Iā€™m morbidly curious

1 Like

WWRD

4 Likes

haha, that took me a couple of seconds

1 Like

Should I get a NExT in my foot? Itā€™s tempting but I have no use for it, I just want to have more electronics under my skinā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve been considering installing a backup Apex in my leg :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rosco has an xEM in his foot an he uses it with with high power readers at his desk and his front door under a mat.

Not a bad idea at l if you ask meā€¦

I know but first of all, I like to wear shoesā€¦ And for the time being, I donā€™t see myself installing high power readers in the floor.

But if I ever get such an implant, Iā€™d probably be a NExT instead of an xEM. The additional storage could be useful for backup purposes but to be fair, a combination Spark/xEM implant would be ideal for that spot.

2 Likes

A high power reader will still work through shoes, I think rosco may have even tested it in some snow boots / Mukluks (or Finnish equivalent)

Thatā€™s quite a bespoke implant.
In my personal opinion, maybe 3-4 years ago I would have agreed with you.
But now the technology (chips) have moved on, I still see the Spark as a viable account backup option, and they are effectively ā€œfreeā€ when you buy an implant bundle so worth grabbing a bundle just for that.
But I think, a new Vivokey Apex ā€œGlassieā€ + T5577 combination would be a great new product option

2 Likes

True, I was just implying that Iā€™ve read enough of this forum to know about it. IIRC, He tested some chainmail ā€œshoesā€ and the chip still read fine. I donā€™t know about steel toe boots but most people around here already have a backup at hand.

Thatā€™s exactly why I mentioned it, just because a foot isnā€™t ideal for high frequency chips. And the idea of a glassie Apex with a T5577 didnā€™t cross my mind at the time. IIRC a glassie Apex did get mentioned at some point and it was probably the one that got me confused about the naming of those things not that long ago, wasnā€™t it?

Iā€™m not counting on an x series Apex as getting it manufactured could take a while.

1 Like

Yeah, it has had a couple name suggestions.
The one most referred to in the open forum was VivoKey Apex MAX , there has been an update to the name in the DT Club, and MAX is no longer the name; however itā€™s not my place to release the new name here in the open forum, besides, it is not yet a reality anyway, so the name could change againā€¦

Apex Max, Apex glassie or Apex xSeries people will know what you are referring toā€¦

1 Like

I would be highly interested in a xSeries Apex

7 Likes

Just realized I havenā€™t seen @TheCyberSystem in a while, hope all is well

2 Likes

Weā€™re doing pretty crap tbh but still alive. Weā€™ve got a lot going on personally so thereā€™s not been any time for hobbies or obsessions, like implants.

4 Likes

I can get that,

I havenā€™t done any shooting or training for way too longā€¦ which is w/e for manyā€¦ but itā€™s kinda a cornerstone for me

Not even fully sure why, chicken and the eggā€¦ not sure if I havenā€™t gotten out to do anything because Iā€™ve been in a funkā€¦ or if Iā€™m in a funk because I havenā€™t

Skills and ability that are perishable and were painstakingly honed, Iā€™m letting atrophyā€¦ almost feels a smidge self destructive in a sense

Feel like Iā€™m stuck in the work eat work eat sleep repeat cycle

Also still recovering from Covid blowsā€¦ first day back to work and I am running at 40% speed and want to go to sleep and 5 more hours to go

(Itā€™s been pointed out that this is a habit of mine likely due to my ADHD brain Not making light, just expressing that I emphasize)

Hopefully the personal ā€œcrapā€ improves

Keep doing that lol

I donā€™t know how to put into words the sentiment I mean by that that doesnā€™t sound like itā€™s making light

This is a go to self-training target, and itā€™s what I mean when I say ā€œkeep doing thatā€
You are archiving the desired outcome so ā€œkeep doing thatā€

5 Likes

I havenā€™t been very active around here lately, due to some personal reasons as well, also due to just overall stress, brain issues, and lack of energy.

Just wanted to say that Iā€™m glad to see your presence, and that I hope whatever isnā€™t going well manages to improve at some point. Always good to see you around :blush:

3 Likes

I meant to post this earlier, but had my first implant-area injury the day before yesterday.

I was walking at a very fast pace, and somehow managed to absolutely obliterate my hand on a concrete bollard at high speed. Of course, it was directly over my xSIID installā€¦ Just smacked into it, and scraped along the side of it. Really rough concrete.

Not much directly after, other than a few light marks and a lot of redness. It rapidly started swelling.

This was the day after (which was yesterday). The scratches became much more apparent, and it was still very swollen, occasionally bleeding. I could barely move a few of my fingers, due to the swelling. The skin was super tender.

Iā€™ve felt around, and as far as I can tell, the xSIID is still completely intact, but itā€™s shifted significantly, completely broke through its encapsulation. Itā€™s about 4mm lower now, if I had to guess.

It still scans (although roughly due to swelling), and the light is still visible, albeit a bit dimmer from the swelling and the scratches on top.

Sucks that it moved after 2 years of being happily encapsulated, but probably the best case scenario considering the sheer amount of force I put into it. Obviously I know from the testing of Amal and others that they should be very strong, but always good to see it for myself, and glad that it didnā€™t push through further and hit a bone or something.

This was today. Thankfully, Iā€™m usually a pretty fast healer, it seems to be calming down now. Scratches are still there, and quite tender, but the swelling has reduced by about half, and the redness is much lower.

Iā€™ll probably pick up some prenatals just to give it the best chance of encapsulating well again. Hopefully the trauma means that the body will want to rapidly get it stuck in place.

6 Likes

I hope that it heals quickly, @darthdomo!

And hereā€™s a unicorn for good luck:

:unicorn_thumbs_up:

2 Likes

This video reminded me of the you know what thread:

1 Like

200w (2)

:adhesive_bandage:

5 Likes