The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Looks great, just an FYI
Due to the iminent swelling /inflammation to the area, Expect to loose the brightness and potentially the ability to read it for upto 2 weeks

1 Like

Understood and appreciated! :rofl:

I envy you!

Also, Thanks for the thorough run down, @invalid_signal ! Appreciate the insights!

2 Likes

And also yo you.

Welcome back to the forum @Eyeux

Iā€™ve missed your insightful and well written posts

5 Likes

Itā€™s fun til days like yesterday where itā€™s -15c and windy XD

Thanks!! Appreciated! ^^

Also been missing it here!

Work has just been so crazy that Iā€™ve started shutting off from the PC when Iā€™m done.

But thatā€™s not whom I want to be, soā€¦ fixing that at the moment! :wink:

3 Likes

@Eyeux
You were my inspiration for this thread by the way

5 Likes

@anon3825968

I think this is his handle now.

1 Like

Yeah it is, thanks buddy.

The anon accounts are from deactivated accounts, thats his one.

He wont respond to either, but if he did by chance read it, I just wanted him to know his contributions were appreciated and not forgotten.

Thanks for the assit though @Zeno

6 Likes

My favorite liquor store needs some help with their sale tags XD
Half of the tags had the right prices for regular and sale price, but half had the regular price listed as the sale price and the sale price as the regular price. All of them also said 00Ā¢ saved because the person who made them was too lazy or didnā€™t have enough time to figure out regular price - sale price = Ā¢ saved lol
Good store though, itā€™s like a Walmart placed inside an old building - 70% crazy people + enough staff to deal with customers lol

3 Likes

Also, since there was some hearts on my post talking about cell stuff, I got to go through some files for a site I was on today and figured I would share a snippet.

The 4G antenna that I mentioned actual acts as 5G as well. Ahola is the LF radio and Ahfig is the HF radio. The antenna in the picture is actually a fiberglass box containing 2 antennas, one for each radio. But you can see the different tech being used for the old 4G tech thatā€™s on its way out.
The spreadsheet shows 2 Alohas and 2 Ahfigs, one of each go on both sectorā€™s for this site. So the picture of the radios and antenna container is Beta sector, then in the spreadsheet you see radios for the Alpha sector as well.
The common sectorā€™s or directions for an antenna tower are Alpha, Beta, and Gama. There are quite a few sites with a Delta sector as well. My coworker shared an anecdote of a tower he worked on with 12 different sectors. I couldnā€™t tell you their sector names though, because apparently they follow the NATO phonetic alphabet all the way up to Alphaā€¦and sometimes Delta XD

3 Likes

That thread is a good idea.

And Iā€™m lucky that I didnā€™t make the list. Things are not going to plan on my end.

Not sure if this is the place to mention it but Iā€™ve been dealing with a bit of depression and despair because of the problems that Iā€™m facing right now.

5 Likes

I donā€™t know what problems your dealing with, but

And I mean this in the good community way, not the bad belittling way

I think a lot of us in here areā€¦ in our own various forms and flavorsā€¦ anotherā€™s struggles are no bigger or smaller than your own

In theory my life is going swimmingly, finally had my wedding, and just bought a nice houseā€¦ every millennials dream

And I feel like Iā€™m trapped in a tar pit of some kind of feel, I canā€™t put my finger on it exactlyā€¦

Nothing in particular is wrong, Iā€™m going through the motions and whatnotā€¦ but happy.exe seems like it isnā€™t responding

A long and ADHD way to say, you arenā€™t alone

4 Likes

Is there anything you could say to a cat to let it know that pickle sitting on the counter behind it is just a pickle? No. They have the entirely wrong mindset about what is and is not a threat, coupled with the inability to actually communicate meaningfully about it.

You know how good counselor works? You never give you an answer and tell you what to do. They ask you questions which inevitably lead you to your own realizations. Awesome questions to clarify how that would work, maybe as compared to credit cards? Do they use credit cards? Why are they not concern about credit cards? Try to avoid directly telling them a thing and instead offer questions that make the answer so obvious, and make them say itā€¦ not you.

This is the only effective way I found to deal with hostile people like this. Unfortunately itā€™s a heck of an investment of time and energyā€¦ but if you consider it a game and use it as a kind of pass-time hobbyā€¦ could be fun.

5 Likes

So I can relate to this, For the past couple weeks Iā€™ve been having anxiety about finances which is ironic because I have a nice cash savings stockpiled like enough to not have to work for the next year and that feels amazing, But I just canā€™t shake the anxiety, itā€™s the weirdest thing.

One thing that keeps me going is telling myself ā€œItā€™ll get betterā€ and it always does.

1 Like

I like that,

I usually do something similar but a bit more by the numbers lol

I kind of a do a flow chart series of multiple questions that build on one anotherā€¦

So I even though they ultimately wonā€™t make it to the end and agree that rfid implants are fine

They might make it halfway down the flow chart, and in pointing out how much of the pieces they DO agree with, it kinda tames their overall outburstā€¦ from a ā€œrfid is evilā€ to more of a ā€œI donā€™t want oneā€

Followed with a nice cherry on top of ā€œwell nobody is talking about making people have to get one, except the people worried about itā€

1 Like

This is for a tub / shower situation and we have one of those dumbass faucets that is one lever that you turn counterclockwise to go from cold to hot and the flow is meant to be constantā€¦ you can only adjust the temperature.

Thereā€™s a shower to get clean and thereā€™s a shower to get some ā€œme timeā€. Both are necessary and acceptable.

This was a terrible joke. I didnā€™t. I just wanted to make people look for it. I will never abuse your trust again :slight_smile:

Started getting attacks on them forum. Put cloudflare in front of it to help. Itā€™ll be temporary.

Absolutely. This is critical to rememberā€¦ not just that others are going through similar things, but that others are here to help and know what what it feels like dealing with what youā€™re dealing with.

2 Likes

As in someone attempting a ddos or attempting to brute force a login?

2 Likes

Very good points. Unfortunately i doubt anyone would keep engaging in conversation. Worth a shot i suppose.

Both

1 Like

wonderful. I hope cloudflare has been mitigating most of the attacks.

1 Like