The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I saw a debate on the USB c standard recently here. Hereā€™s a cute little thing:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a nice little gadget ! :blush:

1 Like

Interesting, It looks bigger than it needs to be, but also makes it easier to use.

Its a pity it doesnā€™t have both a type C to Type C and A to C on a single board , although, you could probably just grab one of these guys for the USB A version

Screenshot_20230812_112034_Brave

I have a metric Cunt load of USB Type C cables in various makes, shapes, sizes and styles.

This would be a great tool for thinning down my ā€œcollectionā€

2 Likes

As opposed to an Imperial cunt load??? :rofl:

4 Likes

How many giraffe necks does that equate to? Iā€™m not good with metric.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not fluent in Giraffe either, but I could tell you in Bears and/or Penguins

5 Likes

12.3765 giraffe necks are 1 imperial cunt, provided they are infant giraffes, half the size of 17.8 football fields divided by the number of purple unicorns in standard nannie knitted blanket, but only if she has used meth.

6 Likes

See?
Also, I looked and anythingbutmetric . com is parked.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Iā€™ve just read an article in italian about subdermal chip implants that doesnā€™t demonize them or imply theyā€™re stupid. It also quotes Amal (not surprising lol)

https://www.tomshw.it/altro/non-volete-prendere-le-chiavi-di-casa-potete-optare-per-un-chip-sotto-pelle/

4 Likes

Yes, thereā€™s also been a couple of end-of-the-news curiosity stories here in Italy with a guy using his chip to pay for a coffee in a bar. Anastasiaā€™s Guinness World Records appearance at the beginning of the year also put a positive spin on it. Early days though and like everywhere, there is still a fair proportion of the population who are anti-vax, anti-science, conspiracy nuts who go straight to the ā€œMark of the Beastā€ rhetoric.
There is also a far-right, religiously conservative government at the helm which views any kind of scientific advance, especially in biology, with suspicion.
Watch this spaceā€¦

1 Like

5 Likes

Sounds like the average italian eh? I made the mistake of reading the comments under some articles earlier this year, so many conspiracy theoristsā€¦ I doubt it will get better but the article i linked gave me a bit of hope!

1 Like

Wow, I didnā€™t realise we could get Close Ad icons so small!

Just checked: thatā€™s like an 1/8 of a freckle on a giraffeā€™s neck!! :exploding_head:

3 Likes

I used to believe that AIs were vulnerable to paradoxes but I was wrong! They are vulnerable to freedom units!

4 Likes

I now either need to torment chatgptā€¦ or weaponize it to help me torment @Pilgrimsmaster

Decisions
Decisions

4 Likes

7 Likes

Could go in the 3D printing threadā€¦ but I figure thereā€™s plenty that donā€™t 3D print that have experience

Looking to maybe upgrade my dinosaur of a soldering station to a pinecil

I feel like I saw a few people mention it in passing on hereā€¦

Just looking for something basic, but tunable, fast, and cheaperā€¦ easy storage

Just looking to do some basic soldering, and maybe melting some press fittings into 3D printsā€¦ā€¦ maybe making a tip to smooth 3D prints at ā€œlowā€ temps

I feel like the pinecil hits these points well

Whatā€™s a good but cheap power supply? I havenā€™t needed any higher power usb c wall plugs yet

Usb c vS a basic 24v wall wart?

The ts80p is a good little iron, they also sell a small ceramic base for it but itā€™s not as nice as the stands that come with larger soldering stations

I use a TS100 that i modded to accept USB-C as a power option. This was before the Pinecil but still opensource. If i had a need i would replace it with a Pinecil. They are great devices, both running the same opensource os. Crazy quick heatup, and they are phenominal. I reccomend, however you have to get good solder. I used to do a lot of soldering in the past (custom mechanical keyboards and electronics work) and ill tell you shitty solder makes you work and good solder makes you feel like a pro.

My frankenIron for refference.

However now that ive dipped my toes into hotplate soldering. I am hooked, i never know it could be so easy or so forgiving.

1 Like