The anti🚫-derailment🚃 & thread🧵 hijacking🔫 thread🧵 ⁉

https://pyinstaller.org/en/stable/

Python doesn’t need to be compiled into a separate executable file like other languages, if that’s what you mean, the interpreter takes the plain text file and compiles it at runtime

I wonder if Rust might work for that.
I just started learning rust last night, but you’re supposedly able to compile a project, give it to someone else, and they can run it without having rust installed.
I think the rust environment on windows builds an exe while you build your project too iirc from the book.
@XEMON can you send me the details of it? I think it would be a fun project to help learn Rust.

No but there are ways to group everything in one file that can be distributed easily. Hence my link above.

1 Like

I think a question should be what exactly are these files?

To me, initially it sounds like if it is for a windows environment you could use a simple batch file

@amal you should mention the Slowmo Guys if you use their content :wink:

2 Likes

Was just wondering if that could be an issue

To me embedding the original video is more appropriate so that the views go where they belong and the source is obvious.
But if you really want to use a clip there should at least be a link to the video :thinking:

That, but you could set a time code so it takes you right where you want people to see :man_shrugging:t2:

In the grand scheme I don’t think the 2-300 views mean anything but we should try to do things right

Found it on Reddit…wasn’t sure the OG… it’s gotta be on YouTube though yeah?

1 Like

Updated

2 Likes

Was thinking the other day about how I read everyone’s posts with a mental voice / accent that matches my own, when I realized that everyone on here does the same. So now everybody is reading this in a thousand different accents.

And yes, I do have the time to sit around and think about junk like this.

4 Likes

I think you might enjoy psychedelics lol.

2 Likes

I should I mentioned I’m working on windows, I don’t need to work on anything else but Linux is always a plus :yum:

@Hamspiced and @SnarkBe
Thanks for the help and pointers, I will give them a go :+1:

Then you should first have a go with py2exe.

Get yourself some Wine and call it a day. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That was actually my first thought when I read it - this is the kind of ideas I get when… doing stupid things :smile:

Not to get me wrong - I love that idea. It’s beautiful, and it creates some sort of unity because of all our differences :slight_smile:

1 Like

I sometimes wonder the accent of the people here on the forum, based on what I know from their location.

my brain accent for you is some very sarcastic nasally incel. Because i read your username as Snarky Bae

I watch wrestling (not the actual sport, but WWE^^) from time to time, and everytime I see an interview with Gunther or anyone from Imperium, I have to smile - I think I want to adopt that accent for me :smile:

Set aside that I think it’s a really, really bad idea to put a German (with a side parting), an Italian (with a bald head) and an Austrian into a team called “Imperium” and even give them boots with white laces. I mean… no. Really, no.
:unicorn_urgh: