The anti🚫-derailment🚃 & thread🧵 hijacking🔫 thread🧵 ⁉

If the wire is hot enough to melt the solder, the integrity of the splice is the least of your problems…

:rofl:

1 Like

True. And one would hope that circuit protection devices would prevent that from happening. I believe the main point of making a good mechanical connection before solder has more to do with ensuring copper to copper connection rather than copper-solder-copper.

Which is why I recommended lengthening the cords rather than splicing them. It gets messy to try and splice them and have it done right. There are likely people on here that are more familiar than me with electrical codes and wiring safety. I’m just an IT guy with an interest in this stuff.

Just splice the wires in aluminum foil and insulate that with candle wax. Then you stick it to the wall with hot glue. Trust me, it will light up the room nicely :wink:

Electricians don’t want you to know about this

5 Likes

excuse me while I make a 16 awg noose

…kidding

That would be against code

1 Like

Why not plug all three into a tri tap and run that to your outlet???

You could put a smart switch on each one and make it controllable from your phone.

its all already completely controllable… wifi bulbs app automation and intergration yada yada
I am just trying to cable manage and get rid of the extra cable clutter shit…
the 3 lamps are all already plugged into a powerstrip that runs the rest of the way… I’m just looking to remove the actual strip part and make it all one clean setup…
but apparently I can either be wrong, or have nothing

Snip and combine and pray for the best.

helpful, thanks

Ive done it on low-voltage stuff before without any issue. i feel like the same should apply. If you wire them up in series it shouldnt make a difference in gauge wire you use. as said above though just make sure your connections are mechanically secure.

I’m pretty sure that it’s for mechanical strength. A small amount of solder isn’t going to heat up a lot, especially when the wires on both ends will act as heatsinks.

Total offtopic. There is a new release of proxmark software. Whoever doesn’t build it from source may find this useful.

4 Likes

Security warning…

6 Likes

I knew they were stealing my butt-print!

4 Likes

I ate one of those anus chocolates and it looked so incredibly familiar. Must have cloned me arsehole

2 Likes

Why was your own anus so familiar to you? I couldn’t pick mine out of a line up. Actually I prefer not to pick it at all if I can help it.

4 Likes

That pin pad, was that actually a malicious device or just a cleaner façade extension?

I was half expecting this to have a NFC reader for contactless cards.

as was I

Malicious device, those capture your pin number. And there’s probably another device on the card slot…

Made a mold of mine and made a starfish stamp. Put it on Christmas cards, birthday cards etc. I stamped my starfish everywhere for years. At this point I could probably draw my own from memory let alone pick it out in a line up.

3 Likes