The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Had a chuckle seeing that gif again

Seems like a nifty device to incorporate RFID into various projects.

2 Likes

Apparently they have been sent out, but mine hasnt shown up yetā€¦

Iā€™ll put something together once i get my hands on it

1 Like

@Hamspiced
Congrats on the new addition, even though you part was small

Baby cyborg in the making

2 Likes

Heā€™s already got the mind control part down.

1 Like

Hey quick question anyone know if you can link a NExT chip or any other type of DT products to Popl account almost like acting in place of their own bracelets or business cards ?

Yep, you can.

I actually have a drafted post for what NOT to do.
But just to save you incase you try that method and before I tidy up my draft.

Just copy your popl link to the implant
DO NOT write to your implant as a POPL Device

EDIT

A little more info on the warning

2 Likes

Huh

2 Likes

Thanks for the kick up the arse, I finally finished off my post

( A bit rough and rushed, but should still be useful )

4 Likes

Thatā€™s freakin cool

I love it!!!
Todo list: find bionic font for laptop and phone!

2 Likes

The downside to this simple test is that most societies that have languages that begin left to right will read the left column first, familiarizing themselves with the verbiage of the content, then read the right side after already knowing what the words will be.

It would be interesting if the right and left columns were different text.

1 Like

Another thing is that the one on the right is obviously more contrasted which makes it more readable on a small screen no matter what.
A third column entirely in bold is needed.
Iā€™m also not sure about the ā€œmore in-depth understandingā€ argument. Just because you can read it faster doesnā€™t mean you understand it better. In fact it might be the opposite.
Not to mention the big headline which immediately tells you how to feel.

4 Likes

Yeap and that sort of thing should be part of oneā€™s mental model of a language. So Iā€™d suspect that most English speakers would do that with said block of text.

On an unrelated note, the things that often spread from one language to another are often common expressions and idioms and I donā€™t know myself on why that happensā€¦

random
Goals

3 Likes

Itā€™s been awhile since Iā€™ve felt my my magnet buzz in the wild. Walked past the anti theft thingies going into the library at school this morning and my earbud started humming, then my magnet started vibrating. Starting this morning out pretty well besides remembering what those security things are called, thatā€™s going to bug me lol

3 Likes

They are magnetic bit tag security gates. The inserts in the books are magnetic strips that exist in only one of two statesā€¦ magnetized or notā€¦ 1 or 0ā€¦ hence a ā€œbit tagā€. If magnetized, the gate will sense the vibration of the metal strip as a disturbance in the magnetic field itā€™s generating.

3 Likes

Thank you!! Now Iā€™ll be able to focus on the lecture this morning XD
And thanks for the magnet that gave me a surprise start to the school day!

2 Likes

Mood, but Iā€™m asking for more metal.

These are my goals:

4 Likes

Briareos, Appleseedā€¦ I love this manga :star_struck:

2 Likes

7 Likes