The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

We get these crazy ass requests all the time. Our company used to run an entire division on the tech side of the requests while another division managed the larger scale ones, like the entire logistics behind the idea, ā€œwhat if the field of dreams was a real baseball gameā€. Or ā€œletā€™s do a drone American flag display for the Superbowlā€

On the techy side, ā€œWhat if my Golf club could make me a better golferā€

Which is all great but we ran projects with 60 day turns from inception to delivery. Very glad Iā€™m no longer part of those teams

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what my original post was about. But that particular project stands out for itā€™s craziness.

Same!

1 Like

To be fair, there are aspects of light even the best scientists still donā€™t fully understand :slight_smile:

3 Likes

True, but thats not what I meant when I wrote thatā€¦

3 Likes

True, and I knew that when I wrote that :wink: Iā€™m just a lil stinker.

jw2wlbufcaxa1

5 Likes

Bumpity bump bump

Just a reminder, if you havenā€™t yet voted for the best post of 2023

head on over a do so, only a few days left

4 Likes

Pls can you help about what this could be meant for?

2 Likes

Looks to be an HF Card.

Download TagInfo and share the results here

3 Likes

Wait, is that a translucent RFID card? That is cool AF!

Now I need to get some for myselfā€¦

2 Likes

Actually thatā€™s a lot of turns of wire. My bet is an LF card.

2 Likes

ohhhh, I was going on shape.

ā€œnormallyā€
Rectangle for HF
Circle for LF

Either way, between us, I think we are correct :wink:

7 Likes

What about MF?

1 Like

Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 3.31.52 AM

4 Likes

These business cards look awesome:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005664741238.html

If only they had RFID, that would be the cherry on top.

:drooling_face:

Also why does Aliexpress always try to translate things into my local language!? Spanish kinda sucks already, Chinglish that has been automatically translated into Spanish is even worse!

5 Likes

Right?! I have to switch the language every single time. I wish it was saved. The translations are funny though.

1 Like

Mouser also does this and they translate the component labels when shipping to Latin America. So the human readable text gets mangled into meaninglessnessā€¦ Whatā€™s the point of adding that text if Iā€™m going to have to look up the datasheets and write my own notes on said labels while prototyping. And those notes are often along the lines of ā€œred LEDā€ or ā€œschottky diodeā€ā€¦

Seriously, who came up with this dumb idea!? It just gets in the wayā€¦

:man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

I seem to recall someone here owns/works at sticker company, or maybe a hobbyist, but my search skills brought up nothing, or my skills just suck. If itā€™s you, was wondering if you do small time commission work. If so, can you DM me?

This is the Borg you are looking for

@ChuckyCheegles

4 Likes

I donā€™t want to sound like an angry guy screaming about never doing business with somebody again.

Butā€¦
I think Iā€™m done with amazon prime. I signed on for 2 day shipping, which went to a week or more during covid, but never came back. The only reason I stayed was the prime video, which I use alot. Now theyā€™re going to fill it up with ads, on a service Iā€™m PAYING FOR.

Done. Just done. Will be pulling the plug just before the ads go online.

The only change Iā€™ll have to make in order to get everything the same with/or without prime is to group orders to 35.00 or more. Shipping will still be slow, videos will still have ads, and Iā€™ll get to keep my 14.99 / month.

8 Likes

Setting sail are we :wink:

images

8 Likes