The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

sadly these kinds of people seem to somehow be a necessity to push things forward in major ways. one simple example (though there are innumerable examples) is amazon - itā€™s a miracle of modern retail convenience, but the sausage-making behind it is really horrificā€¦ and this seems to be the way of everything. the amount of absolute psychopathy required to operate businesses the way they need to be operated to achieve such things is astounding.

Thomas Oxley, founder and CEO of Synchron (competitor to neuralink) has sacrificed quite a lot to get that company to where it is now, and itā€™s not even really to market yet. Iā€™m sure he and even his team have all put personal health, happiness, and even family to the wayside to get to where they are now. He told me as much when I met him in person once at a conference. Constant flights to and frow, never resting, constantly managing chaos, constantly pushing people and teamsā€¦ it takes a toll on everyone, even if everyone is excited and not necessarily treated like a cog - they are just pushed to run at 110% redline all the timeā€¦ all to ensure Neuralink doesnā€™t beat them to the punch.

Humans have limitsā€¦ so one way or another, achieving great things for humanity will always take a bit of a meat-grinder approach.

Nowā€¦ letā€™s consider AI powered robotsā€¦ they are not humanā€¦ perhaps there will be a way to change things so massive achievements will be made using a metal-grinder approach instead, leaving humans to marvel at our silicon progenyā€™s proficiency. Who knows where things will go once we achieve complete separation of production from labor - both physical and cognitive. Exciting and terrifying :slight_smile:

6 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/implanted/s/GaDjR56Hnt

2 Likes

I have the standard FBI Surveillance Van and DEA SSIDs around me that people saw on a subreddit and thought were funny (I swear, no matter where you go, you can find a FBI or DEA home network lol), but I find the new neighborā€™s network tonight.

8 Likes

Mine is named Birds Arenā€™t Real

5 Likes

Nice!
My 5g is Browncoats and 2.4g is Reavers. Hotspot is Fuck Off, and Bluetooth used to be Fuck Off, but then someone kept trying to pair on a flight so I changed it to I SAID FUCK OFF and they stopped :classic_grin:

7 Likes

I do have a background in video production as well. I would love to have a brainstorming session about this if youā€™d be interested.

5 Likes

Yeah man Iā€™d love that ā€¦ any input it welcomed

1 Like

Feel free to DM me to set up a call, or if you prefer, we could set up something that anybody could join. Perhaps a new thread would be in order as well?

4 Likes
1 Like

yikes. forum was down for the last hour+ because i tried rolling in the docs plugin and it shit the bedā€¦ like completely. Luckily I took a snapshot prior to attempting the update. Eventually gave up and rolled back to snapshotā€¦ and here we are.

Iā€™ll attempt it again later when I can roll a new server based on the snapshot and try again. I think I need to update the kernel and multiple other things first.

5 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

holy shit this is crazy too

2 Likes

Working fulltime and in classes full time. So tired that today I turned the key on in my truck so I could roll up the MANUAL window.

7 Likes

Dang that sucks, but funny and too relatable!
I hope youā€™ll get some free time soon, in the mean time, see if you can get a hold of these:

3 Likes

The ā€œfunā€ thing about the ferrite core memory is that every time you read it, it erase itself, so to keep the code on there you have to re-write the bit right after reading it

I experienced withdrawal symptoms from thatā€¦

4 Likes

I started reaching out to people outside of the forum to see if they had trouble too. It was terrible!

5 Likes

Aww sorry guys hahaā€¦ Iā€™ll be sure to announce next time I try updating

4 Likes

20240125_170043

5 Likes