The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Holy shit is that a tiny ass little stungun built into a false thumb?! Haha wooooow

4 Likes

Piezo-powered implants for fish?

1 Like

Cyborg fish? How come there are no fish tanks in the fluffy cyborg thread?

1 Like

Do you have a fluffy fish to share?

1 Like

Logging into your computer with a chip implant:

Long story short, I just transitioned from service technician to service manager at my job. Now Iā€™m doing mostly office work. I would like to find an alternative to typing my 20 character password all day

I read about the ACR122U and Rohos. The ACR122U is not in stock currently with DT. is there an alternative or better solution since the topic I quoted above was posted.

Ideally I would like a scanner with onboard memory, where I could change the output as I change my login password, and it would be saved to the device not a certain computer. I would reference Logitechs macro software that works on the device, I believe. Iā€™ve got a NExT in my left hand thatā€™s been waiting for an opportunity just like this.

Thank yā€™all for any input.

1 Like

Rohos a great option.
I know some people are having success with the ACR1252u.

My quick and dirty alternative, is an off the shelf suggestion (but no memory like you are wanting)

an HF and LF reader in one like this

You could change the LF side of your NExT whenever a change needs to happen.
and or you can add a prefix and or suffix you manually type.

Another one, that I really like and I have built a couple of my own (i need to do a write up)

Super clever design and usability.
That should serve your purpose perfectly

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick response. Iā€™ll dig more into these later today.

This sounds like a good solution.

2 Likes

Definitely the strangest ergonomic keyboard Iā€™ve stumbled across.

4 Likes

As someone that hates Alice layoutsā€¦ this gives me anxiety.

6 Likes

I touch type, but Iā€™m not using that thingā€¦

At least it appears to have plenty of space for an NFC reader.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s an awesome find! I daily-drive Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 and love it. Itā€™s great for RSI, especially during long programming sessions. Iā€™ve actually been looking for a decent mechanical ergonomic keyboard, dut dang are they expensive. The ZSA Moonlander is at the top of my list rn. It looks amazing, but $365 is a hard pill to swallow for a keyboard. (Iā€™m sure all the keyboard nerds are scoffing at that price)

1 Like

I found some ACR122Us on eBay a while back. I bought a bunch and then found out that their firmware is problematic on Linux. I could sell you a few if youā€™re interested. Theyā€™re open box/like new. Authentic as far as I can tell. Wrote to my flexsecure perfectly fine.

The Keychain Q pro series is an excellent board and the quality and support are top notch.

They have several different layouts and are highly customizable. Entry is usually a hair under 200$

1 Like

Put $1 aside every day for 1 year and youā€™ll have yourself the keyboard of your dreams in no timeā€¦well, in a year

3 Likes

Before i got into custom mechs my mindset was that i wouldnt spend mor ethan 50$ on a keyboard. And i am on mine easily 8-10hrs a day. i dipped my toes into a Keychron Q1. next thing i know im buying 600$ limited run keyboards.

its a slippery slope.

5 Likes

Is this your windows account password? I think @Vicarious had a project using a Pi or something that held a password in memory and typed that when an authenticated chip was scanned.

Thereā€™s also this project:

Also, @Zwack, I havenā€™t seen you in a while. How the fuck are you? And did Amal finally manage to get under your skin?

3 Likes

Yes thank you for asking

8 Likes

Yep.
I had it bookmarked.
As far as I can tell, 2 of the links are now dead.
The Dangerous minds one, that had the info to build your own from the original design.
(I MIGHT have a copy of it SOMEWHERE.)

and the v.icario.us one is also dead.
He does however seel the finished readers on/ Digiwell

Here is the link.

If youā€™re not in the EU, Postage is pretty high

Everything I have read about them indicates they are great little readers.

Pretty sure @Vicarious has a Git.
It might be on that

heres mine using a pro micro and a pn532

#if 0
#include <SPI.h>no matching function for call to 'pn532_i2c::pn532_i2c(twowire&)'
#include <PN532_SPI.h>
#include <PN532.h>
#include <NfcAdapter.h>
#include <Keyboard.h>

PN532_SPI pn532spi(SPI, 10);
NfcAdapter nfc = NfcAdapter(pn532spi);
#else

#include <Wire.h>
#include <PN532_I2C.h>
#include <PN532.h>
#include <NfcAdapter.h>
#include <Keyboard.h>

PN532_I2C pn532_i2c(Wire);
NfcAdapter nfc = NfcAdapter(pn532_i2c);
String uid = "0";
#endif

void setup(void) {
    Serial.begin(115200);
    Serial.println("NDEF Reader");
    nfc.begin();
}

void loop(void) {
    Serial.println("\nScan a NFC tag\n");
    if (nfc.tagPresent())
    {
        NfcTag tag = nfc.read(); // Reads the RFID/NFC tag
        uid = tag.getUidString(); // Fetches UID from the tag and save it in variable "uid"
        Serial.println(uid); // Shows the UID of the scanned RFID/NFC tag in Serial Monitor
        /* RFID/NFC tag with 7 byte UID */
        if (uid == "xx xx xx xx xx xx xx") {
            Keyboard.print("insert your password here"); // Sends the string "Passphrase" to the computer
            delay(500);
            Keyboard.write(KEY_RETURN); // Sends Enter
            delay(5000); //makes sure the password isn't repeated
        }
    }
}
7 Likes