The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

C++ is a garbage language. (But unfortunately still widely used)
Arduinos are straight forward enough that unless youā€™re doing something a little more advanced, thereā€™s not really a reason to learn C++ to program them.
Python is OK. If youā€™re programming non-seriously then I think its fine to go with. My first language was Java (also a bad language and itā€™s worthless to learn today) but it was great to have a solid foundation with a language that had strong typing and true object oriented design. Python obfuscates a lot from the programmer, which can be good or bad depending on your use case.
Honestly Iā€™d love to learn go or rust but, you know, timeā€¦

3 Likes

This is unfortunately C++.
C/C++ is incredibly versatile, and will run on microcontrollers and normal computers (but not really phones). I have a lot of issues with C++ and Iā€™m happy to go into details, but Iā€™ll spare you the rant.

Some microcontrollers will run micropython, like the pi pico. Its a subset of python and doesnā€™t have the same versatility but is still python.

2 Likes

The usual university progression is something like:
Java/python ā†’ C ā†’ C++
The general idea being :

• Familiarise yourself with basic stuff (logic/syntax/coding)
  • Get a solid understanding of low level stuff (memory, harware, pointersā€¦)
  • Discover higher levels (object oriented, software architecture, polymorphismā€¦)

C++ is indeed a good choice since you can cover everything from the girst two steps with it anyway.

I was literally teaching cpp last month at the nearby university and got reminded of all that fun stuff

2 Likes

May I enquire as to why you asked this question?

Exactly!!!

Me also

2 Likes

While weā€™re asking questions about why weā€™re asking questionsā€¦

1 Like

Why are you asking that question about why we are asking questions?

Why am I asking you why you are asking Amal???

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping weā€™re about to see some jedi mind trick badge cloning, where that info is the secret to a xerox clone

3 Likes

OKAY YES THIS HERE I HAD THE SAME QUESTION

@amal you know you gotta get to know someone first before you pop the A/S/L

2 Likes

I tend to use the spent Xseries Injectors from previous installs to open the container itā€™s brother is in. I hope one day to have one for each finger so i can play Edward Injector Hands while opening

3 Likes

ahah iā€™m workin on a theory and my blunt line of questioning is, I think, in this case, appropriate :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gotcha!

Well now that i have you, I am so curiousā€¦ can you tell me a bit about yourself?

• Approximate age?
  • Where are you?
  • Is English your first / native language or learned later?
  • Whatcha wearing?
3 Likes

1 Like

@amal are you suspecting a bot or something in that thread?

Iā€™m curious what your flags were, seemed to pass my turning test

2 Likes

I am very graphically oriented. I like aesthetics and ergonomics to work seamlessly with the underlying code.
What did you use to create the Zinc GUI?

1 Like

Looks like @amal is machine learningā€¦

3 Likes
1 Like

When will I be able to get a full robot conversion?

:robot_windows:

Iā€™m sick and tired of being a bag of water and carbon.

The username ā€œmalaā€ means ā€œfemale bad personā€ in spanish. I suspect that Amal suspects that said post is from a script kiddie.

2 Likes

Or it could be an anagram.
Let the conspiracy theories flourish! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Oooh!
Evil Doppelganger!

2 Likes

:joy:

I suspect that @Backpackingvet would advise against enlisting or reenlisting. And I would personally follow that advice.

2 Likes